• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not impress with my Hitech HS-5755MG

ChuenouXiao

Guys so far I am not impress with my HS-5755MG for my steering. It seems that tightening the safe for my steering doesn't help. I looks to me that the servo is a bit weak. I'm not sure if its a defect or this is normal. I don't know if I should replace it with another servo to see if the problem still persist. It turns easily with no load and sometime turns good with a load on. The first turn is good but it's not consistent is what I'm saying. Basically I have to drive carefully due to the fact that my steering is not tight. What do you guys recommend me do? I'm planning to replace the servo with a aluminum servo mount and a aluminum horn (currently using the white plastic horn that came with the servo). Hoping this will eliminate this problem? Note that I have also set and tested the radio on the high setting throttle and steering response.

Here's my thought about what is wrong here:

1. Weak worn out servo

2. Plastic horn's teeth on servo is grinding?

3. Battery is not holding a good charge resulting in weak servo performance

4. Flex in my stock plastic servo mount due to custom hole drilling

I'm leaning toward the possibility that I have a defective or weak servo or my receiver battery is not holding a good charge.....

Your thoughts??

Is there such an upgrade servo for the HS-5755MG?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Sounds like the horn is stripped, replace it.
I think the horn is ok Trip... it looks like the edges are still sharp.... like I said... it seems like its either a weak defective servo or my receiver battery is not holding a good charge due to the fact that is a stock battery and its older ?

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Sounds like the horn is stripped, replace it.
I think the horn is ok Trip... it looks like the edges are still sharp.... like I said... it seems like its either a weak defective servo or my receiver is not holding a good charge due to the fact that is a stock battery ?

Deluge

Upgrade the battery, dude. You'll get better performance from your servos. The stock battery is pretty weak.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Upgrade the battery, dude. You'll get better performance from your servos. The stock battery is pretty weak.
What should I do Deluge? I have a aluminum servo mount in my basket now.... should I get it or should I order the high performance battery? Remember... I have to wait for pay day :D so can only choose one for now :D .... what do you think would solve my problem here?

GoffeeRedCat

My 5755 turns very easy without load or the battery turned off!! But when I turn it on I would need a breaker bar to turn it!! If it's Turning with load or battery turned on your horn maybe stripped or its cross threaded. You should change your horn to aluminum horn!!

ChuenouXiao

cherryride said:
you might try putting the car on grass and watching the servo while you steer it.
Thx for your input bud :D Appreciate it :D Will try that... but I'm really thinking its battery.... maybe.... will do that first cause its the easiest... then second would be aluminum steering servo mount along with aluminum horn.

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
My 5755 turns very easy without load or the battery turned off!! But when I turn it on I would need a breaker bar to turn it!! If it's Turning with load or battery turned on your horn maybe stripped or its cross threaded. You should change your horn to aluminum horn!!
With battery turned on of my receiver... if I put pressure on the steering servo.. it makes that digital screeching sound... it is resisting .... and not bulging at all. I think I need to replace my horn and a stronger battery... then replace my plastic servo mount as a secondary.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
What should I do Deluge? I have a aluminum servo mount in my basket now.... should I get it or should I order the high performance battery? Remember... I have to wait for pay day :D so can only choose one for now :D .... what do you think would solve my problem here?
Get the battery. The stock battery can't keep up with the upgraded servos.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Get the battery. The stock battery can't keep up with the upgraded servos.
After taking a very close look at the problem.. it really does look like a lack of power. The battery have enough power to turn the car but after a while... it seem to be too weak to give the servo constant power (especially under a load)...... at least it looks like it :D Yea... I think you might be right... and it's a quicker troubleshoot too....

Trip..

Here is an easy test, turn the wheels side to side while the car is in the air, now continue doing this and apply the brakes, does the steering slow down? If so the batt is dead, charge it or toss it in the bin.

Deluge

The stock charger should have a Tamiya style plug (The white plug). If it does, yes you can use the stock charger. It'll take a long time to get a full charge, though.

GoffeeRedCat

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge I think I can use my standard stock battery charger on these battery listed below?http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6656/.f
Dude just get a battery charger!! My girlfriend bought me one from hobbytown:rolleyes: its awesome she only paid less than $50 with taxes!! I'm thing about upgrading to a Lipo receivers pack my self!

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge and Rcdad... need your input on this... please help!
I'd say battery for sure. It's easy to turn the wheels on a XB. On mine they steer almost as fast on the ground as on a stand.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
With battery turned on of my receiver... if I put pressure on the steering servo.. it makes that digital screeching sound... it is resisting .... and not bulging at all. I think I need to replace my horn and a stronger battery... then replace my plastic servo mount as a secondary.
The servo is suppose to hold center. If you try to move it, the servo will try and hold its position. That is what you are hearing. The horns are fairly inexpensive order one when you get a new battery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts