• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New GraFIL SC Bodies ! 2 pieces for all wheel base !

G

I like #1 the best. I also think #3 would be cool for racing. They all look great man. A+ on great designs. I would run any of the three.

I can't wait to get my hands on what ever gets produced!

k.jensen

I like them all. but I've got 3 conserns.

1: it's made of lexan and not polycarponate so it whon't last for long, I've seen it on the MCD v4 lexan bodys.

2: IMPORTANT, will it clear the jetpro sidemounted pipe / is it as slim as the original body.

3: made more room for the sparkplug? I my self have changed my sparkplug-cap to a IGN course it better than the original, it needs a bit more room (and so could the original I might ad).

if this body only is as durable as the mcd lexan body's I wouldn't buy it nomatter how good it looks. so why don't produce polycarbonate body's? yeah they are double the price but what the H... they last alot longer than the lexan body's

edit: I like nr. 1 better than the two others

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I like them all. but I've got 3 conserns.1: it's made of lexan and not polycarponate so it whon't last for long, I've seen it on the MCD v4 lexan bodys.

2: IMPORTANT, will it clear the jetpro sidemounted pipe / is it as slim as the original body.

3: made more room for the sparkplug? I my self have changed my sparkplug-cap to a IGN course it better than the original, it needs a bit more room (and so could the original I might ad).

if this body only is as durable as the mcd lexan body's I wouldn't buy it nomatter how good it looks. so why don't produce polycarbonate body's? yeah they are double the price but what the H... they last alot longer than the lexan body's
You really seem to have it in for Grafil. It will clear the spark plug. Mine cleared the plug and cage after I expanded the top. I'm not sure on the width for the side mounted pipes. I'll send him a PM and see if it is going to touch the sides of the chassis.

As for durability only time will tell. And as Rob stated lexan is polycarbonate. I would like to point out not every body is for everybody. Even if it does not hold up for racing or heavy bashing, there still is a market for it. There are no and I mean no companies that make aftermarket bodies designed for Redcats. Bashing their work can only result in halting their interest in Redcat. He was willing to do a custom mod for me. This tells me he is a great guy. It is easy to put a guy down, but how about some sugjestions or design modifications based on data he can use. Isn't it better to help a company grow to

make great products? Criticism is great if it is constructive. Us Redcat guys are use to strengthening our bodies with mesh and shoe glue. So even if it were week I would

strengthen it myself:) Your opinion is appreciated, but I think we should help Grafil to make bodies for Redcats.

Last edited:

k.jensen

RCDAD...

I'm sorry if it sounded like I have somthing against Grafils work.. actually it's quite the opesite, I love his work and really whant one of his cool designs on my XB.

The reason why I asked about the polycarbonate/lexan is becourse here lexan and polycarbonate is classified in 2 different ways even though it's the same (wierd enough) but thanks for clearing that up. the thing with the sparkplug is that mine dosent even clear on the original XB-body :(

I really hope the sidemounted pipe will clear the body on the side course I whan't one of his designs... now we got that cleared out :)

RampageHopUps

As a former Baja body maker, I can tell you GE Lexan is the strongest Polycarbonate out there. I used an inferior grade on my first batch of bodies, since it was easier to mold, and I paid the price on returns and cracked bodies.

G

No need to ever worry about me. I just think it is important for other companies to be interested in Redcat. It is important for aftermarket companies to invest into designing products for Redcat. This brings more customers to Redcat which helps Redcat grow and continue to bring us a quality product. Im just looking at the bigger picture:)

k.jensen

RCDAD said:
No need to ever worry about me. I just think it is important for other companies to be interested in Redcat. It is important for aftermarket companies to invest into designing products for Redcat. This brings more customers to Redcat which helps Redcat grow and continue to bring us a quality product. Im just looking at the bigger picture:)
I just always have to be shure that the products I order are in a resanoble quallity course the stupid contry I live in got alot of taxes and so on on everything. an example: when my 7075rc parts arrive I will have to pay almost twice the price to the goverment in taxes (close to an $400 ekstra) for the items I've allready paid $225 for.

so I need to be shure it's a good investment. Hope u get my point.

I do agree on supporting the aftermarket companies

G

As a former Baja body maker, I can tell you GE Lexan is the strongest Polycarbonate out there. I used an inferior grade on my first batch of bodies, since it was easier to mold, and I paid the price on returns and cracked bodies.
Nice. But again you say former. Just wondering why you stop. Is it just not profitable enough for ya? I wish ya still made wheels as well. They were awesome.

RampageHopUps

The problem with real Lexan is you need much better timing equipment. You can't do it using a second timer. It has to be controlled with millisecond timers for heat and droop. My body maker didn't have that, so he scrapped more than he made. I was the first to make a trophy truck body for the Baja wheelbase, by stretching an Asgard body.

Heavy Chevy

Where do you buy a grafil body? I can't find a 'buy it' section on their website. I'm very confused. THey look totally awesome!

G

Where do you buy a grafil body? I can't find a 'buy it' section on their website. I'm very confused. THey look totally awesome!
Which body? The 2 piece body truck body will be for sale at DDM soon. Was to be available this week. The MCD V4 body can be bought at Large Scale RC. The XB-G body is in the design process.

Last edited:

GRAFIL

Advertiser
Vendor
k.jensen said:
I like them all. but I've got 3 conserns.1: it's made of lexan and not polycarponate so it whon't last for long, I've seen it on the MCD v4 lexan bodys.

edit: I like nr. 1 better than the two others
THX mate....

1: Here... the answer has already given by RampageHopUps ;)

Regarding the strength of Lexan (when it is cut with our guidelines)... please take a look at the following 6 videos ......

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/GRAFIL68/?action=view&current=Slow.mp4

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/GRAFIL68/?action=view&current=Baja5BGstresstest.mp4

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/GRAFIL68/?action=view&current=Test1.mp4

http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/grafil/?action=view&current=MCDVideo.mp4

[ame]

[/ame]......etc :cool:

2: Thanks to the great help and disposability of RCDAD..... we can resolve this side pipe problem :rolleyes:

3: Can you send me some pics of this sparkplug-cap ??

Finally, I reveal you a secret...... we are going to do the (Lexan 2mm) body XB Rally ! :D

GRAFIL

Advertiser
Vendor
Heavy Chevy said:
RCDAD was right....... PowerSlideRacing sell in Australia ....... and we can sell directly in Europe ;) :) ........

G

I think he means he is using a taller spark plug. Some of them are large.

Awesome videos!

k.jensen

GRAFIL said:
THX mate....3: Can you send me some pics of this sparkplug-cap ??

Finally, I reveal you a secret...... we are going to do the (Lexan 2mm) body XB Rally ! :D
hiya. it all sound extreemly cool :D

I will get u a pic and some measures of the sparkplug-cap from MSD wanna do everything needed to get a cool wellfitting body from grafil to show off with :D

COOOOL your going with 2mm lexan :D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

If it doesn't stick up through the cage you would be ok. If it does then it will be close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts