• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New engine

claude bigelow

Ebb75 said:
Looks good. Those wheels look awesome on the MT
Yeah I had to put the hpi adapters on for them to work. It seems like a lot of play in the wheels, but I'll test it out tomorrow and see how they work. The original adapters were tighter.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Cca said:
Yes, 16:1 is 8oz. Per gallon. why he wants to go that amount of oil is to properly seal the rings to the cylinder. And one of his reasons to a non synthetic oil is it basically works to well in these high rpm engines (creates blow by). Not trying to create a heated debate here, but it's always good to listen to what the builders recommend. He's been around for a long time and is not new to the scene.
Had to throw down my .02.

I agree, if you are not using 16:1 and non synthetic oil, you will not seize your engine, but you are getting blow by and losing power..

He is not the only builder that highly recommend this ratio/ combo. Quickdraw motors make some of the best boat engines in the world and also says you are losing power at less oil with their motors.

Sergio

claude bigelow said:
Yeah I had to put the hpi adapters on for them to work. It seems like a lot of play in the wheels, but I'll test it out tomorrow and see how they work. The original adapters were tighter.
Which adapter do you have I have the vertigo and both front tires there is a lot of play like you said the stock didn't have that so I got a shim kit a that made it better

claude bigelow

Sergio said:
Which adapter do you have I have the vertigo and both front tires there is a lot of play like you said the stock didn't have that so I got a shim kit a that made it better
I picked the extended 24mm from RC Dad. Where can I get the shim kit?

Sergio

Sergio said:
It's an hpi baja shim kit let me look for the part number
Ok I got it at large scale shim kit for hpi wheel

I think the part number ihp 1201 I don't see anything else so just type shim kit for hpi wheel B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts