• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New engine

claude bigelow

Got it!!! Now just got to take care of the install. Questions to come with that, thanks guys!!!

Ildy666

claude 8.oz sounds rich to me 5.oz should be fine.i have a gizmo zen full mod and thats what i run and had no problems...

Cca

claude bigelow said:
Is that the 8oz to a gallon?
Yes, 16:1 is 8oz. Per gallon. why he wants to go that amount of oil is to properly seal the rings to the cylinder. And one of his reasons to a non synthetic oil is it basically works to well in these high rpm engines (creates blow by). Not trying to create a heated debate here, but it's always good to listen to what the builders recommend. He's been around for a long time and is not new to the scene.

Fearless

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139033

He is very persistent on the 16:1 ratio, but if my opinion helps my break in I do 25:1 and some times I run my engines from him at 30:1 at racings and haven't seized one single piston yet, I own 4 engines from Bruce 3 full mod and 1 pro stock, they still all in one piece, only done a rebuild on pro stock because I though it was times after 20 tanks.

Stick with the 25:1 ratio, will see real performance from your engine and it will still on the safe spot, this is what the most users here uses.

claude bigelow

Cca said:
Yes, 16:1 is 8oz. Per gallon. why he wants to go that amount of oil is to properly seal the rings to the cylinder. And one of his reasons to a non synthetic oil is it basically works to well in these high rpm engines (creates blow by). Not trying to create a heated debate here, but it's always good to listen to what the builders recommend. He's been around for a long time and is not new to the scene.
I hear you, point taken. Thanks

claude bigelow

Well im two tanks in on this new engine. So far its ok, don't really see a huge difference from stock motor. Of course I haven't ran it full throttle. So I guess by the time I hit that 5th tank, it'll wake up. Put some new tires on I'll try those tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts