• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New engine

claude bigelow

Spent so much money buying parts for the DBXL, it cut into my engine fund. I was told this was a great engine, for the price I figured I'll give it a try. Should have it Friday, let you guys know how I make out.

renamu5y.jpg

G

That an awesome engine. I have the 29.5 version and it screams.

JB RACER

My son runs that same motor on his XT and I run it on my Mt we both have the jet pro rear mount pipe they have lots of power you will be very HAPPY

carp boyz

Banned
I've seen one in action and it screamed,the only problem was that all 4 head bolts backed out after 2 tanks,we re-tightened them back up and all seemed fine afterwards

are you getting the stuffed crank version?

claude bigelow

Just ordered this at 10:30am yesterday and its here. That's what I call customer service and fast turnaround.

Ildy666

Gizmo's service rocks and there in fl. So its faster then west coast shipping but congrats on the.new.powerplant its gonna make.that mt.move

G

That number is most likely with a pipe. Take a couple off that if using a can muffler.

Silent_chaos

Are all engine bhps measured with a pipe? or a can? because that can be really disappointing. this is a marketing strategy to attract more customers. and I'm furious now

What about the esp 30.5cc that i'm going to install. They said 4bhp. But With a pipe? Or a stock can ??

because if it's via a can, the tuned pipe alone adds 33-40% more power, and with the lightened flywheel, clutch, new carb and filter, I believe I can reach 7bhp

Last edited by a moderator:

claude bigelow

Can somebody that has one of these engines, let me know if it really matters which 2 cycle oil that I use during break-in. I know not synthetic, but does the brand really matter. The guy said I should use the brand in pic to follow. Can some one let me know.

Fearless

claude bigelow said:
Can somebody that has one of these engines, let me know if it really matters which 2 cycle oil that I use during break-in. I know not synthetic, but does the brand really matter. The guy said I should use the brand in pic to follow. Can some one let me know.
Thats the oil I use, breaking and let it rip.

Silent_chaos

I always use synthetic. I don't think it matters.

Any 2 stroke oil does the job. I use Motul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts