• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 1/5 scale electric. Redcat??

krashkrieg

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Halfway through vid 3 they switch from 6s and 1136kv motor to 4s and a 1450kv motor. From what I can tell from the vids and from what I've been told. It looks like a 700kv motor On 6s would be perfect.
Ohh, I missed that, 4s? I don't even run that setup much in my 1/8 Flux...usually 5s

Depends on weight I think but a 700 to 900 on 6s would be Sweeeet...

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Lipo batteries arent very "green". Theyre evil to manufacture and take more power to charge than they put out. And the power comes from the evil power company. Maybe "greener" no one knows for sure the effects on the environment of manufacturing, usage, and disposal or at least they are keeping it under wraps.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hamster, does this mean your not in on this 1 ...lol...seriously, this 'going green' is just this decades eviro motto...last.one was 'Earthday Friendly' yeah I do a little but mostly go by George Carlins' wisdom.

Obeast44

Banned
All batteries take more to charge than they put out. Im like "tom" on the Bob and Tom show. The whole go green thing is mostly just a scam for people to try and rape your wallet.

hamster huey

Im totally in. My favorite type of RC is 1/8 brushless. Once (if) these 1/5s come out that might change. Nitro was beaten a few years ago in my eyes. I sold ALL my nitro stuff and the chassis I kept I converted. Ill never go back to nitro. I hope to have the same opinions of gas some day soon.

fat49f1

Contributor
A vid of the mt brushless and this one says its a redcat.And damn can it take a beating...

[ame]

[/ame]

lightning73

Hell yeah it can take a beating!!! Ali was drivin the wheels off of it... :D ...Yet another Redcat brushless that can fly with the greatest of ease... :) ...good find!!! And I could really see a set of those wheels and tires on my MT they are sick looking!!!!

hamster huey

Im very happy with my 25lb P2W 4wd Rampage and it only has a pipe, 813, ONB ported 27.2 and a few other goodies!!! I can imagine how happy Ill be if I can get a brushless Rampage. The Power to weight ration on that must be unbeleivable. I would imagine the power is at least equal to but probably more than my ONB ported 27.2 AND I bet it doesn't weigh 22 lbs. Any one know a running weight (with batteries)?

Obeast44

Banned
Ive came up with a name for it already :)

XTCE

Considering the gas version is the XT this could be the XT Comp Electric pronounced Ecstacy. That sound lame? or too corny? Bear in mind ive got several beeers in me already (its my Friday night)

hamster huey

My official weight guess is 18.5 pounds w/o batteries. I have a feeling Id run mine on 6s. My 5000mah 25c 6s packs weighs 30oz so running weight would go up about 2 lbs in my dream config. Rx weight isnt much either. I wonder what tires would be best/lightest for it. What hex size would it be? Is it waterproof too?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Id be willing to bet its around 17-18lbs RTR if not less.
Im up in the air on the brushless truck. I don't know if I like that or not, no doubt in the speed though. :D
Yes, I was more excited about the speed and way Ali was driving, but I think I would go for a buggy, already got a Savage Flux MT that rock n rolls like nobody's business. :D

killajb

Any news on this? I'm definitely setting aside $$ for one. What motor/esc was used in the video?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.