• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 1/5 scale electric. Redcat??

Ron E

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
You guys will be the first to know when and if they come in.
aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet

:D ya, I have kids.

fat49f1

Contributor
Ron E said:
aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet aretheyhereyet
:D ya, I have kids.
LOL ,I have heard that a few times in my life.

pipeous

That thing looks pretty sleek. The xtm looks cool but I had a mammoth st...worm gears?

I am curious what this will run for. the way electric racing is taking over around here, I can see these as definate candidates for a new class. indoor horse barns

hamster huey

My guess for price would be less than $800. You can already do a 2wd namebrand for less than $1200 RTR minus batteries. 800 to 1200 is about the ratio of Redcat to HPI gassers (when RTR'ed with comparable specs). A China 1/5 HV ESC and motor should be under $350, China 2.4 under $50, China servo under $50, and I would guess a chassis would be under $400. Thats my guess. HPI 5b/t 1/5 brushless is already here and not as expensive as youd think. There just isnt a brushless rolling chassis made by anyone........yet. I wonder if it would have thr/brk control in the air. It looked like it did in the video. I hope Redcat is the 1st to get a 1/5 brushless to market.

Obeast44

Banned
Thats about what I was figuring too HH, about $800 fully RTR. I persoanlly would rather have one pretty much RTR less batteries and charger. IMO, 90% of the guys even remotely considering one of them will have that already. I know I do :)

forist

Contributor
I have found 2 other 1/5th scales you can buy as brush-less but they are 2 wheel drive. price is 600.00 to 750.00 without lipos.

csp1971

Contributor
forist said:
I have found 2 other 1/5th scales you can buy as brush-less but they are 2 wheel drive. price is 600.00 to 750.00 without lipos.
Those don't happen to be the Firehammer clone and HPI Baja clone that Engage sells do they?

racetruck

Welcome to the forums Ali and thank you for the video. I want that job also the buggie looks great :D we need a sprint car body for it so we can race the oval at large scale rc AWSOME :eek:

Obeast44

Banned
krashkrieg said:
?? Test 2 and Test 3 both say it's running 6s... I like it better on 6s too.. :rolleyes:
Halfway through vid 3 they switch from 6s and 1136kv motor to 4s and a 1450kv motor. From what I can tell from the vids and from what I've been told. It looks like a 700kv motor On 6s would be perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.