• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My XBE Build

BoukeG

And it is great advice by the way :p :thumbup::thumbup:

This morning I checked the cell and it 'restored' itself to 3.1 volt. Every other cell was on 3.55. I'm charging it now, putting it into a lipo charge sack (I don't want this thing to burn down my house). We'll see how it behaves tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoukeG

That's why I think it is important to monitor each and every single cell. Don't just trust the lipo cutoff on the ESC, especially running multiple lipo's in a serial or parallel configuration.

G

That's a cool little meter.

BoukeG

Hi guys,

Here is another update I cannot wait showing you guys. I've done a lot of work, and there is still work to be done - but I'm soooo proud of this buggy.

I've got the 7075RC chassis, steering rig and the fat shock holders. Also custom 3D printed lipo holders (thanks to "The Any-key" for showing the capabilities on 3D printing).

First of: check out the holders:

The lipo slides right in, no room for any movement - just a perfect fit! Every single part is being held by 4 M4 screws, two long, two short - I have no doubt these will hold the lipos, and if they don't, we'll find the weak spot and print a few new ;-).

Next up: the low profile - check this out!!!

I'm so amazed by the 7075RC chassis, allowing the mounting the servo upwards giving extra space. Also, there is extra space on the sides, allowing me to put the servo, bec and ESC together, also a counter weight on the heavy brushless motor.

Here is a closeup:

So what is next? Well, need to do something with the electronics. I would like to have the lipo warning devices somewhere (there is room left on the sides of the lipo holders. I need to tidy up the wiring. Anyway - what do you think?

rookie101

Looks amazing man, very nice work on the battery holders.

I still have my 7075rc chassis sitting here waiting to be built. Seems there hasn't been enough time this summer between work and other commitments. One more gas 1/5 race this weekend and one more outdoor comp in my comp crawler summer series and I'll get working on the XB-E.

BoukeG

tha nemesis said:
where did you get the battery holders ..them are slick
Thanks!!! I did a design in OpenSCAD and it was printed in PLA on an Ultimaker 3D Printer. This stuff finally 'completes' my search for customizing and building so I decided to get one my own. Cannot wait 'til it gets here and print some more customized stuff (like a longer body holder).

BoukeG

rookie101 said:
Looks amazing man, very nice work on the battery holders. I still have my 7075rc chassis sitting here waiting to be built. Seems there hasn't been enough time this summer between work and other commitments. One more gas 1/5 race this weekend and one more outdoor comp in my comp crawler summer series and I'll get working on the XB-E.
I know how that goes - when my chassis came in I went on a three week holiday, traveling through France. Last week I got home and started the build. In all, it took me several nights - but I'm a slow builder... I hope this RC will allow me to race too - looks like fun.

twissted

Banned
I just picked up two of the meters Thx. Looks to be a great build. Lets see it with some sand paddles and some sand kicking up! That motor screams 8s!

I have the SSS5694 motor witch is the same as the TP-5692 in 1200kv 12 tooth. I run it on 8s. I also have been running the Skyrc X524 Beast motor on 8s with the 14 tooth.

so the 3.7v X 8s X 1200kv = 35520 rpm or 3.7v X 8s X 910kv = 26936 rpm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts