• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My XBE Build

G

BoukeG said:
Okay, I ran it a little bit longer last night. Motor got warm like 40 degrees celsius. Esc got really hot, like 80 degrees celsius! Then I noticed the fan wasn't running.I was wondering why... Then it hit me... I'm running an external bec. Only ground and signal are going from my receiver to the esc. Power to the receiver is also from my bec. So the fan is not running because it is not getting power.

This is what I did: removed the white plug from the esc. Put in the second power from the cc bec pro, into the plug where you can add a fan for the motor.

Now the fan runs fast at 8 volts. Hehe, don't know if that lasts for long. But the esc stays VERY cool now. Around 25 where ambient is 20.
Need the fan for sure. :)

BoukeG

So I was walking my dog this morning down the street. And then: eeks! Black rubber stripes everywhere! I must have put more rubber on the streets then I thought... Sure hope my wife doesn't see this, she would kill me.

G

BoukeG said:
So I was walking my dog this morning down the street. And then: eeks! Black rubber stripes everywhere! I must have put more rubber on the streets then I thought... Sure hope my wife doesn't see this, she would kill me.
Nice! A good sign it was running good!

rookie101

Can't wait to see a video of this running! Really curious how the motor preforms compared to the stock one.

I don't think I could have it sit on the shelf that long without trying it. :eek:

BoukeG

So here I was... getting ready to do a small video on how well this thing drives... I drove it for 40 seconds and then: the steering linkage between the two wheels popped off. I guess the force it quite high with the servo or something. Do you guys have any suggestions (this is the second time now)?

BoukeG

Thanks! They are HPI Baja 5B Axle Boots. Number 86479. Come in a bag of 4, rather inexpensive.

G

Yes I do. A small piece of wire works great. I fill mine with grease also.

BoukeG

Just ran the cat. Not really successful. I guess it needs more tuning. Rear shock came off, Lipo saver kicked in too early twice. Run time on the other hand was very okay! After half an hour one Lipo saver kicked in, 1 cell at 1.9 volts. While all others were fine! So this is a case of returning the Lipo.

Temps got quite high though. 194F on the motor. Anyway, had some fun!

bigfol

For your lipo's to operate correctly they should never be discharged below 3.0v, 3.2v is prefered, if one of your cell's is down to 1.9volts, you could try a low current balance charge to bring it back up to 4.2v, but if its puffed it could be worth trying to get warranty replacement if its near new. If your ever going to store your lipo's for an extended time, only charge to 3.8volts.

BoukeG

Yeah, I know the 'rules' for good lipo usage. However, this one is really damaged. It suddenly dropped from 3.5 ish to 1.9. While other cells are just fine, this one cell broke down bad. I'm not going to recharge it, cells are never allowed to go lower then 2.8 volts...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts