• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage MT wont start for breakin

Impalassman

Still nothing dang its frustrating tried everything I was told so far.

Phill

Still nothing dang its frustrating tried everything I was told so far.

If it has fiel , spark and compression there's no reason it shouldn't start other than being flooded.
Have you pulled the plug and turned it upside down and pulled the cord to clear the crankcase of fuel?
Did you try spaying some starter fluid in thru the air filter?
That will start it and clean her out if you have spark.

Kevin's xb

If it has fiel , spark and compression there's no reason it shouldn't start other than being flooded.
Have you pulled the plug and turned it upside down and pulled the cord to clear the crankcase of fuel?
I know this is off the wall but wanting to upgrade to lipo for my xb and it has 2 plugs can I just plug the one straight into receiver and it work or I have to use the other one also. I got a 5000mah lipo reciever battery coming for the upgrade I'm confused about what I have to have for the upgrade. Someone let me know please. Thanks

Kevin's xb

It
I know this is off the wall but wanting to upgrade to lipo for my xb and it has 2 plugs can I just plug the one straight into receiver and it work or I have to use the other one also. I got a 5000mah lipo reciever battery coming for the upgrade I'm confused about what I have to have for the upgrade. Someone let me know please. Thanks
It has two plugs is why I ask. The second plug is blue not sure what kind it is. Aaaahhhhh help.

Phill

It

It has two plugs is why I ask. The second plug is blue not sure what kind it is. Aaaahhhhh help.

I know nothing about Lipos but are your receiver and servos rated for the extra voltage?
If not you'll fry em.
I know most Futabas are rated at 7.4 volts but have no idea about others.

Kevin's xb

It

Nevermind just realise one is for plugging directly into the receiver and the other is just a balance charger plug. That should solve a lot of my battery/steering sluggishness issues and run time cause with battery pack now only getting 10-15 min of run time. Thanks guy's

Kevin's xb

Nevermind just realise one is for plugging directly into the receiver and the other is just a balance charger plug. That should solve a lot of my battery/steering sluggishness issues and run time cause with battery pack now only getting 10-15 min of run time. Thanks guy's
Yes sir upgraded steering and throttle servos. Going to hardware store to get them 10mm sleeves for my axles on the XB to run them king motor 24mm hexes for better tire options. Thanks phill your a genius.

Kevin's xb

Yes sir upgraded steering and throttle servos. Going to hardware store to get them 10mm sleeves for my axles on the XB to run them king motor 24mm hexes for better tire options. Thanks phill your a genius.
When I go to hardware store I just ask them for the 10mm brass tubing would be correct and how long was do I need to have them cut. Wasn't yours an Xb also if so what size and materials did you get. Thanks phill.

Impalassman

Yeah did the starting fluid tonight with a new NGK plug and it didn't hit. Maybe spark is too weak?

sunoco

if you have been cranking and cranking- and the plugs soaking wet-- its flooded big time.-- remove the body- remove the air filter.- get all 4 tires off the ground-- i ALWAYS start my cars on short stand- just enough to have the tires a couple inches off the ground- this way i can use my knee to help hold the car as i light it off-start it. get a fresh plug in the motor- hold the throttle wide open- when these engines are flooded, they have more compression- harder to turn over- crank it over a couple times- if that fails- do what phil said- just a quick short shot of ether- starting fluid with the throttle wide open- oh- do not use the choke-- good luck to you--

sunoco

if you have been cranking and cranking- and the plugs soaking wet-- its flooded big time.-- remove the body- remove the air filter.- get all 4 tires off the ground-- i ALWAYS start my cars on short stand- just enough to have the tires a couple inches off the ground- this way i can use my knee to help hold the car as i light it off-start it. get a fresh plug in the motor- hold the throttle wide open- when these engines are flooded, they have more compression- harder to turn over- crank it over a couple times- if that fails- do what phil said- just a quick short shot of ether- starting fluid with the throttle wide open- oh- do not use the choke-- good luck to you--

sunoco

pretty shure you all know this- perhaps not- the gas leaves the carb- goes to the crank case- then it is forced up to the spark plug area- sooo- when they are flooded- the bottom end of the engine is loaded up with raw fuel- you can crank till the cows come home and it will never start-- what you will get - is blisters on your cranking hand---

G-Man

On most lipos the two plugs, one is a white plug used to balance the cells during charging the other is to actually charge the battery and to plug into the receiver switch for use. The wires will be black and red. To use in your XB change the plug end on your receiver switch to match the lipo plug. Also have to be sure the receiver and servos are lipo capable.

sunoco

pretty shure you all know this- perhaps not- the gas leaves the carb- goes to the crank case- then it is forced up to the spark plug area- sooo- when they are flooded- the bottom end of the engine is loaded up with raw fuel- you can crank till the cows come home and it will never start-- what you will get - is blisters on your cranking hand---
here i go agan-- when you push the clear plastic bulb on the carb- it should fill up with gas about 3/4 full. if it fills completely full of gas- and you have not been screwing around - taking the carb apart and not knowing what you are doing-- a totally full bulb is evidence that the fuel inlet needle inside the area below the bulb assembly is stuck open- or the viton tip on the needle is no good- this will flood your engine big time in a instant.-- i can go much further into this topic if needed--- cut tru much of the b-s on you tube- other places.- just ask.

Phill

When I go to hardware store I just ask them for the 10mm brass tubing would be correct and how long was do I need to have them cut. Wasn't yours an Xb also if so what size and materials did you get. Thanks phill.
It has to be 10mm inside diameter and 12mm outside.
Get about a foot and cut it to length as you go.
Mine's a Dune Runner..

Phill

This is what you need
10mm ID with 1mm wall thickness = 12mm outside
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brass-T...hash=item1c98afcc21:m:myjHo3IO2NmEAvM9ltJxamA
Hopefully you can get it locally.
I got some 8mm for my belt drive but had to order on ebay

Last edited:

Impalassman

Was looking at getting a new coil will the zenoah coil work on my stock 32cc engine that came in my MT?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.