My Rampage MT wont start for breakin

Impalassman

Thread starter #1
Got everything ready and upgraded to all aluminum. Cranked on it and it doesn't fire. Plug was wet but I took out the plug and can't see any fire jumping the gap while cranking on it . but if touching the roll cage while cranking it i got a ill jolt. Help please and thanks. Sincerely Johnny 20180419_152500.jpg 20180419_152440.jpg 20180419_152348~2.jpg 20180419_152418.jpg 20180419_152440.jpg 20180419_152500.jpg

sunoco

Got everything ready and upgraded to all aluminum. Cranked on it and it doesn't fire. Plug was wet but I took out the plug and can't see any fire jumping the gap while cranking on it . but if touching the roll cage while cranking it i got a ill jolt. Help please and thanks. Sincerely Johnny View attachment 14096 View attachment 14095 View attachment 14093 View attachment 14094 View attachment 14095 View attachment 14096
if you got shocked - well you know the it has spark !! the spark on these ignitions is sorta a weak yellow- makes it hard to see in sunlight. i would buy a new spark plug- if you are in america- go to napa auto parts-- they could have a replacement- perhaps a champion brand plug-- you need a plug that has an R on it-- this means its a resistor plug-- much less likely to make the steering & throttle unstable-- I prefer ngk brand-- in a pinch though a champion will be ok.

Dusty

Nice looking rig man ... where you find a escalade body ?

I just had to put a new coil on mine ... towards the end of stage 4 of break in it just died as it was running . Went through every step possible to check right down to holding the hot end of my plug and ripping on the cord lmao ... NOTHING ! But if your getting a little spark check your carb settings back to factory default .... I had another buddy that wouldn’t start with spark and his needles were off and flooding him out before firing .

Impalassman

Thread starter #5
Thanks I found it on ebay and made it a tribute to dukes of hazzard . I set the needles to factory settings before trying to start. The plug didn't shock me it was the rollcage that shocked me while I was cranking it was wondering if coil was grounding out.

Tried new plug still won't start?????

Kevin's xb

Nice truck I actually worked at the Cooters in Gatlinburg it was cool. I want my XB to be blacked out but the tires that come on the XB Suck bad that's why I want other options. Thanks

G-Man

I think you got shocked from the cage because the coil wire was hitting it while cranking it over. I am old skool mentality checking spark. I put a screwdriver in the coil wire then ground the other side of the screwdriver to the head while cranking over, it will be a pretty strong zap surprisingly. You can tell if it is weak or none at all that way. But it sounds like you have spark. Maybe bump the idle a hair and turn the low needle clockwise 1/16 turn and try it. Also get a NGK CMR7H from Advanced autoparts super cheap there

BTW very nice work on that MT bro!! It looks soooo good!!!

Impalassman

Thread starter #11
Thanks Gman &Phil put alot of time and money into my rig. Got a belt drive in today now just gotta get her running.LOL

Dusty

Did you put an aftermarket 3rd Chanel remote kill switch in or just the factory engine kill switch . It’s gotta be something simply man ... it’s a gas motor ... spark , fuel & air = go time ...lol

Impalassman

Thread starter #13
Yes it has the killer bee kill switch. I thought maybe it malfunctioned so I unhooked it and still wouldn't start.

Haven't had a chance to work on it since the weekend. Work so gets in the way of fun LOL

Dusty

Haven't had a chance to work on it since the weekend. Work so gets in the way of fun LOL
I hear you man I feel the same way with work... maybe your filter is oiled to heavy and not allowing it to breath . .... try pulling the filter off and try without . I don’t know man just throwing ideas out there ..lol

Kevin's xb

Yeah it seems to have plenty and all head bolts were tight
This may be stupid but have you looked into you coil wire my little spring , clamp thing inside it was broke and not making good enough connection. Just throwing ideas out there. See if your fuel lines are vapor locked I had that problem also with the filter in tank. Good luck bro.

Impalassman

Thread starter #19
Thanks for the ideas Kevin. I have checked those possibilities. I vented my tank and put on bigger fuel lines its getting fuel.

Kevin's xb

Does it have the 668 carb on it if so try the tuned settings I'm 1- a qurter turns out on high and 1-16th on the low just try that with air filter off. Maybe worth a shot