• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My First E-Dune Runner

G

Awesome news man!

mulepic

Ildy666 said:
Did u think about 4 wheel disc brakes like the 5th road cars.just a suggestion...
That certainly would be pretty sweet. And it would be nice to have some brakes you could actually use to have a racing advantage too. But, I need to keep this thing as simple as possible. Right now in 1/5 racing, if you just finish the 30 minute main you're way ahead of the pack.

Ildy666

mulepic said:
That certainly would be pretty sweet. And it would be nice to have some brakes you could actually use to have a racing advantage too. But, I need to keep this thing as simple as possible. Right now in 1/5 racing, if you just finish the 30 minute main you're way ahead of the pack.
Thats like any racing.finishing is half the battle.i raced motocross 20+ years ago same deal.prep the bike and hope everything u did.pays off....

mulepic

Next project isn't going to be the brakes but instead some anti-squat.

One of the things I notices at the track is how the car wouldn't fly very well over jumps. It would nose dive most of the time. Maybe this is unique to my brushless conversion b/c I'm about 50/50 balanced.

Long story short, I figured out that adding anti-squat makes the car fly more level or nose up. Looking closely at the Dr it has 0 anti-squat. I'm going to change that.

mulepic

I took some measurements to see what the stock anti-squat and toe-in values are. The anti-squat is 1.2 degrees and the toe-in is 3.4 degrees.

[On the back of the car]

I'm going to remake the rear hinge pin holder and lower the holes by ".050. This should give me almost 2.5 degrees of anti-squat. If this doesn't help enough then I'll raise the front hinge pin holder holes by ".050 which will give me over 3 degrees.

I thought about adding more toe-in while I was at it but I think there is enough. With the added anti-squat it should reduce side grip a little helping the car turn-in.

mulepic

Progress is slow, it's too hot out here and the track is a bit neglected because it's too hot.

But I tested out the increased anti-squat w/ no success. I also added an additional front bumper support to the (new)RPM front bumper b/c I broke the last one. Next I need to come up w/ a way to reinforce the roll cage or just drive better :)

mulepic

Here is the front bumper brace that prevents the bumper from being bent up to the point it breaks. Which when this thing jumps it's definitely nose heavy. This bumper does wonders for protecting the front arms.

Shiny

Just finished reading the thread . I started 3 dates ago.

Amazing what you did hear. I was actually concurring the DR for brushless conversion. Actually it's shorter brother from HSP. But what I want is direct drive no clutch involved and sort of FG HPI small pinion and big spure approach or the Titan/Gas Devil/C5/Thunder Bolt 2 big gears.

Hope all go will.

mulepic

Shiny said:
Just finished reading the thread . I started 3 dates ago.Amazing what you did hear. I was actually concurring the DR for brushless conversion. Actually it's shorter brother from HSP. But what I want is direct drive no clutch involved and sort of FG HPI small pinion and big spure approach or the Titan/Gas Devil/C5/Thunder Bolt 2 big gears.

Hope all go will.
Direct drive certainly simplifies things. But as you read, I needed a low current setup so I could compete in 30 minute races. Good luck and keep us posted. Do you already have a build thread?

Shiny

mulepic said:
Here's what I'm dealing w/:

How much longer can they last and what are the part numbers to replace them?
Just an ida since you are handy withe machining, if you reposition the middle diff to the canter the shaft will be straight that should stop the wear. You will need a shorter shafts thou.

Another cheaper and simpler solution is use a rubber boot and grease, this will make them last longer due to lubrication.

Shiny

Yahh tell me about heat. It is 36 c now withe about 65% humidity. it is almost midnight.

G

That humidity is awful.

It's 46c+ with the humidity around 40% :eek:

When the humidity drops down to the teens it's more tolerable.

mulepic

Now that cooler temps are near it's time to get this thing fired back up. It was almost a year ago when we got this build going. I'm looking forward to doing more testing w/ the belt drive and coming up w/ a roll cage that can actually survive a roll.

The only down side is that it looks like the track has been taken over and has been abused. There's no word on what the future holds for it and if RC's will be back on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.