• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

got a side DDM pipe. I want more RPMS

G

rchobby89 said:
I would love to see a 36 in a x series
This is not a high reving engine. It has butt loads of low end torque. It hits its ceiling really quick. It does not keep reving higher. This engine is great for getting the heavy 4x4s to accelerate quickly. It makes a great short corse engine.

If you want a high reving engine go with the 27.2 long rod. It sounds like a nitro on steroids when approaching 20k rpm.

G

Yep, seems like a perfect match for the XB. That engine is probably why I like the XB so much. It's fast and sounds wicked cool.

G

Throw in a long rod and do some porting and..... well you know the rest!

rchobby89

that will give me more rpm's will I be loosing anything going from 30cc to 28 or w.e it comes out to

rchobby89

is that 27.2 obr head kit the best rpm kit ot is ther a better one for rpm's with put loosing torq sry for all the questions also what would I have to do for the echaust port open my manifold up a little or something

Deluge

You won't lose a ton of torque. I ran a non-ported 27.2 in my MT and it was enough to get the job done. With that ported kit, it'll have more than enough power. Plus, you're running an XSC, right? Those are way lighter than an MT, so it would be perfect.

As far as the exhaust port, you'll get the most out the engine if you match the header to it. Not hard to do with a Dremel.

houston.hhheattt

Hello everyone! I'm a 1st time poster here, ok.. so here's my issue.. I have a 30cc Fuelie on my Rampage MT which I purchased used. I took it out for a spin at the local park and the exhaust bolts vibrated out because it turns out that there was no gasket. I purchased new bolts and after replacing them 2ice, thats when the missing gasket was noticed. Common rookie mistake I suppose (since I AM a rookie@this! lol) and also, this is my 1st 1/5 scale RC. so back to my other screw-up... I have stripped out one of the bolt holes on the cylinder head so I re-threaded it, unfortunately the bolt still does not want to catch thread. Should I re-thread it again using the next size up bolt? I also used blue loc-tite on the bolt after the 1st re-threading attempt and it STILL vibrated out. ORR should If I have to get a new cylinder head thing, do they make more powerful ones to boost my present 30cc Fuelie Horse power? Feel free to post with anything that might help

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts