• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

got a side DDM pipe. I want more RPMS

brad1161

anyone take the side bleed and remove it and put a exit near the end of the pipe? Will this help on higher rpms? I do alot of parking lot racing. street tires

G

The stingers protrude into the expansion chamber. I would hate to ruin a pipe. The end bleeds do promote top end. If you are running the factory engine you will be limited on rpms. A race ported engine revs much higher.

brad1161

ok. what top end kit do you recommend? Local hobby shop has a race ported kit for 30.5 comes with piston, cylinder,and gasket and new plug for $140

Deluge

I'd go with the champ port. It's going to be a little cheaper from DDM when you use the 'HBF' discount code. Plus, you'll need to order those gaskets, anyway. May as well get them at the same time.

Deluge

It's a screamer, dude. Plus you'll have plenty of torque, so you can run a higher gear ratio. Which will help increase top end.

Shawn213

i know my lhs carries the champ ported esp and the head gaskets i would contact them and see witch headkit it is that way you wouldn't have to wait on the shiping price wise even with the cupon code you are only looking at around a 7$ savings in my opinion not having to wait a week for shiping is worth the 7$ lol

G

Shawn213 said:
i know my lhs carries the champ ported esp and the head gaskets i would contact them and see witch headkit it is that way you wouldn't have to wait on the shiping price wise even with the cupon code you are only looking at around a 7$ savings in my opinion not having to wait a week for shiping is worth the 7$ lol
I would not save the $7. My problem is I keep shopping to try for the $100 and free shipping every time. LOL

G

brad1161 said:
How much more rps do you think? Little, lot?
A lot! The factory engine can hit 14,000. My OBR is pushing 20,000. Its not apples to apples though. The OBR is a 27.2cc which are known to rev to the moon.

G

Deluge said:
DDM gets their stuff out quick. 2-3 days, tops.
Yep...

They get an "A" in my book. Great service. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts