• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

got a side DDM pipe. I want more RPMS

G

I've been look'n for the damn pic. I had it mounted to the MT for awhile. I had wanted more top end. I realized that the factory 30.5 was at its limit. I could get about 15k on the bench but no more than 13k on a speed run. That was with the MT tires. Just not enough hp.

G

I'll be throwing it on the XBs OBR and the XSCs RCMK to see how they compair.

I know its not compatible but I will see what kind of rpms I can get out of the 36cc

G

brad1161 said:
How much is the 36cc?
Contact Rob on that one. I think $360, but don't quote me. I have not picked up mine yet.

G

rchobby89 said:
I would love to see a 36 in a x series
It won't fit under the factory plastic cage. You would need to mod or rebuild one. It might fit under the X-series aluminum cage. It's a little taller. Im going to pick it up tonight. It fits the gear plate fine.

I'll post some pics for all to see.

I'm installing it in my MT with my custome cage. I have all the room in the world.

brad1161

CPI pipe have more RPMs than the DDM Dominator?

G

I would say no. Keep in mind I have never tried a CPI.

The rear Dom supports top end or RPMs. It is an end bleed.

The side Dom supports low to mid range. It is a mid bleed.

The CPI is also a mid bleed just more toward the end. It is not however an end bleed pipe.

The CPI does improve the entire power band, as do most tuned pipes. It might have higher rpm gains than the side mount Dom, but I would be suppressed if it could out rev the end bleed rear mount Dom.

Hope this helps.

brad1161

Deluge said:
You get a lot of torque with the side Dom, dude. You could gear it up for more speed.
I have. i run on street with HPI tarmac tires and wheels. I got dune runner gears also. I have tried all! gear options. Flipped every gear i could.lol I found this pipe on ebay Think it has a chance to fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-exhaust-pipe-for-1-5-BAJA-KM-HPI-ROVAN-5B-5C-5SC-rc-car-/200821889061?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2ec1ead825

Deluge

With some convincing, maybe. You have the gear cover on that side of the truck, and you'll probably have to hack the body on that side, as well.

G

It looks like it would clear the gears. But the body would be an issue. It should fit under one of the SC bodies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts