• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon RC - Competition Belt Drive Pics

DemonRC

Ohhh, the "orange" belt is my go fast belt. :) If ya really wanna get crazy try the red. LMAO.

csp1971

Contributor
Looking forward to the release. I was thinking a 2 speed for my Baja, but I like the 4wd's so much better and I think a belt drive would be great!

Heavy Chevy

I hope you will have a bunch of these ready to go when you release them. Maybe start a mailing list?

I'm going to want 1 off the bat...maybe 2 :)

racetruck

jackson said:
it's not moving vary fast? or your not gassing it? , still the pics look quite impressive!
I think i have a spark plug going bad i hav'nt tuned it since last year or the compresion is getting low not for sure yet the low end runs good just the mid and high end is sluggish :eek:

DemonRC

yolonda21 said:
Are these available to the puplic yet?
We are almost ready to go. We widened out the belt design for a 20mm belt to account for the torque of a TS 30.5 and 30+cc motors. The parts should be back from the shop next week. Once we get a final fitment done we will have a go ahead for a production order. 30-45 days after that we should have some product in front of us to be packaged.

Heavy Chevy said:
I hope you will have a bunch of these ready to go when you release them. Maybe start a mailing list?
I'm going to want 1 off the bat...maybe 2 :)
I'll setup a waiting list as soon as we get a final date on shipping. We will be producing a small quantity at first. Judging from the interest so far I expect most of you guys who really want one will be able to get a hold of one. Late comers would have to wait a few weeks for the 2nd batch.

muley

I'm putting a TT together now, looks like it will be gears first with stock power, then the Demon mega belt with a Toxic Racing powerplant in my future. Any projection for pricing? Will it change radically with the latest update?

rob64n

Contributor
jackson said:
it's not moving vary fast? or your not gassing it? , still the pics look quite impressive!
that's running on the lowest ratio so not fast but i'm sure it could drag ya just about anywhere,lol

[email protected]

I'm new to the Rampage MT but have a ton of experience with the HPI bajas. I'm looking froward to picking one of these belt drives up. Do you ever plan to make a 2-spd version to run with the Bajas? Any word on when production will get the green light?

bbuzzard

Contributor
I'm new to the Rampage MT but have a ton of experience with the HPI bajas. I'm looking froward to picking one of these belt drives up. Do you ever plan to make a 2-spd version to run with the Bajas? Any word on when production will get the green light?
There is no reason for a belt drive for spur/pinion setups like the Baja or FG's, IMO. They are as efficient as you can get with these type of cars. The current Baja two-speeds available will do the job but they aren't as reliable as I would like. I feel with the correct gearing, car weight, and motor, you should get the best performance. IMO, two-speeds are for on-road top speed cats but for overall reliability, research the best combination for your driving style. FYI, the MT has heavy-ass tires so you should run it first before you do any of those types of mods...

DemonRC

We are currently testing two totally different "multi-speed" transmissions right now. Actually, they are on hold untill we get the single speed out the door which will be announced in the next 30 days. Most of the final parts like the belts, gearplates, bearings, and clutchbells are in already. We are just waiting on a material and finish revision on the layshafts.

bbuzzard said:
There is no reason for a belt drive for spur/pinion setups like the Baja or FG's, IMO. They are as efficient as you can get with these type of cars. The current Baja two-speeds available will do the job but they aren't as reliable as I would like. I feel with the correct gearing, car weight, and motor, you should get the best performance. IMO, two-speeds are for on-road top speed cats but for overall reliability, research the best combination for your driving style. FYI, the MT has heavy-ass tires so you should run it first before you do any of those types of mods...
Plus if you stuck a belt on a pinion/spur car like a HPI or FG it would run backward :)

booggieman2u

Omg omg omgi cant wait arw y guys gonna take paypal?????

Dear lord if you get me a belt drive and jetpro dual drag pipes for my rampage mt and i swear ill change my way and go to mass more than christmas and easter 0:)

DemonRC

booggieman2u said:
Dear lord if you get me a belt drive and jetpro dual drag pipes for my rampage mt and i swear ill change my way and go to mass more than christmas and easter 0:)
I'm sure you will be going to mass more. Churches have huge parking lots.....

Perfect for drag racing! :D

Ohhhhweee I'm going to hell now.

Heavy Chevy

booggieman2u said:
Omg omg omgi cant wait arw y guys gonna take paypal?????
LMAO :D

I can relate..........but I guess we all can too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.