• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon RC - Competition Belt Drive Pics

DemonRC

Ok, guys we got some final revision pieces in so I figured I'd get some pics up since we are so close to production. The drive is ultra compact compared to the old gear system and also much much lighter. The only thing not shown in the pics is the fatter 10mm one piece layshaft and new brake square. Please note: The cyan anodizing shown in the pics was done for me only. Colors, if they will be available as an option, will be announced later. What you will be getting in the final production kit is:

1) A highly efficient timing belt system

2) New 10mm double D slotted clutchbell to eliminate slipping due to setscrews backing out.

3) One piece 10mm double D slotted layshaft to eliminate slipping due to set screws backing out. We've eliminated the shaft coupling which finally puts an end to any layshaft wobbling.

4) New machined lightened slim style gear plate.

5) New XT style engine spacers that stay in the plate.

6) Heavy Duty HTD 5M timing belt custom manufactured for this application.

You can see more pictures within our gallery by clicking here

Single%20Speed%20-%20Rampage%20Thumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

We've been running the same system on a heavy MCD Evo 4 with the same motor for months now without a problem. Trust me. We're not being nice to it either.

We're using a HTD 5M timing belt which is a heavy duty arc tooth version of a T5. A cheapy Neoprene w/ Fiberglass belt is rated at 160 Newtons per MM of belt width. We are running a 15mm belts so:

160 x 15 = 2400 newtons

1 newton = .2248 pounds so....

2400 x .2248 = 539.52 pounds of breaking strength

We're running polyurethane belts w/ steel which is rated at double the breaking strength or neoprene w/ fiberglass so you can guesstimate the breaking strength of our belts with:

539.52 x 2 = 1079.04 pounds

Obeast44

Banned
Damn! Man it looks even better than what I expected! Absolutely badass job man, thats a smoking setup and couple that with a 1 piece layshaft....well its just frikkin awesome.

I will definitely be PMing you about getting one in the near future.

DemonRC

We're trying to keep it under $200 and expect to put in the production order in about 2 weeks. We'll have the product in hand about 4-6 weeks after that. I'm trying my best to get it out before xmas but most likely it will be beginning of January.

Obeast44 said:
Damn! Man it looks even better than what I expected! Absolutely badass job man, thats a smoking setup and couple that with a 1 piece layshaft....well its just frikkin awesome.
I will definitely be PMing you about getting one in the near future.
Sure looks better than that monocromatic CAD drawing eh? I'll get some pics up with the colored belts tommorrow. I'm forcing myself to stay out of the garage the rest of the night. If I spent any more time in there I'd have to install a toilet and a bed.

pipeous

I want one. I run a belt on the f1, it's so smooth and quiet. metal gears drive me nuts all that clanging. are you just making for the rampage or will you be looking at other brands as well? my cen and tb2 could use some love as well. I don't need the slipper but that is a nice touch for sure. should take stress off and allow on power jumps without trashing things.

nice job.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Kick-Ass...Can't wait....gotta get rid of the wobbly 2 piece shaft that constantlyl melts plastic gears and binds metal...

Glad to see you as a new advertiser! :cool:

DemonRC

rob64n said:
looks awesome would like to see it in action
Layshafts are coming in early next week. Once I get em I'll be sending you your early xmas present.

DemonRC

pipeous said:
I want one. I run a belt on the f1, it's so smooth and quiet. metal gears drive me nuts all that clanging. are you just making for the rampage or will you be looking at other brands as well? my cen and tb2 could use some love as well. I don't need the slipper but that is a nice touch for sure. should take stress off and allow on power jumps without trashing things.
nice job.
Were focusing the comp belt drive on MCD and the Rampage. We have a 2nd tranny coming out next year for the MCD and Rampage too. There is also a 3rd tranny we are building for the HPI, FG, MCD, and Rampage.

rob64n

Contributor
DemonRC said:
Layshafts are coming in early next week. Once I get em I'll be sending you your early xmas present.
thanks i'll be looking forward to that, but with all the color options for the belt that will be a tough choice,lol

DemonRC

E5B said:
nice! are these stock ratio?
Here's what I have so far. On what pulleys run with the belt size we are using.

23/29 = 1.2608

24/28 = 1.1666

25/27 = 1.08

26/26 = 1

27/25 = .9259

28/24 = .8571 (I'm running this on the XT... top end is great with alot of low end still)

29/23 = .7931

Here's the Rampage GEAR ratios just for comparison sake:

25/35 = 1.4

27/33 = 1.2222

29/31 = 1.0689

30/30 = 1

31/29 = .9355

33/27 = .8182

35/25 = .7142

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
Here's what I have so far. On what pulleys run with the belt size we are using.
23/29 = 1.2608

24/28 = 1.1666

25/27 = 1.08

26/26 = 1

27/25 = .9259

28/24 = .8571 (I'm running this on the XT... top end is great with alot of low end still)

29/23 = .7931

Here's the Rampage GEAR ratios just for comparison sake:

25/35 = 1.4

27/33 = 1.2222

29/31 = 1.0689

30/30 = 1

31/29 = .9355

33/27 = .8182

35/25 = .7142
Like the new name bro :)

Still rocking that Rev-I?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online