• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon RC - Competition Belt Drive Pics

DemonRC

Notice Heavy Chevy's avatar. He's got the ideal van to pull up to a rock concert and when the door opens nothing but fog come rolling out. :D

iwik76

Hi Demon, was wondering how your getting on with the belt system? is it near to completion for sale at all??

Cheers in advance

DemonRC

We're just working out the gear specs on the MCD layshaft. The Rampage layshaft's funky and almost non existant helical angle doesn't help either.

DemonRC

One big holdup is dropping a big G on reverse engineering the gear. If we continue to have problems with mesh we will just cut a true 35 degree helical layshaft gear and a helical crown gear. It would increase the cost of the system a few bucks but we would end up with a much stronger center tranny. I'll know for sure in the next couple weeks.

rob64n

Contributor
DemonRC said:
One big holdup is dropping a big G on reverse engineering the gear. If we continue to have problems with mesh we will just cut a true 35 degree helical layshaft gear and a helical crown gear. It would increase the cost of the system a few bucks but we would end up with a much stronger center tranny. I'll know for sure in the next couple weeks.
I'm sayin go for both gears, can't go wrong there.

lightning73

I agree here, its gonna be a costly upgrade for everyone interested in getting one, with myself included. To pay a little more for extra reliability would be a win-win for us as buyers, and for you as the seller to know you have developed a rock solid product.... ;)

[email protected]

lightning73 said:
I agree here, its gonna be a costly upgrade for everyone interested in getting one, with myself included. To pay a little more for extra reliability would be a win-win for us as buyers, and for you as the seller to know you have developed a rock solid product.... ;)
I agree. Pay a bit more and not have to be paranoid of blowing the belt drive up. ;)

DemonRC

The belts won't be the problem. They've suprised me time and time again how durable they are. We just want to make sure there's a perfect gear mesh on the layshaft gear.

pipeous

Ok dude. I am writing for the guy that bought my rally. He wants the belt setup, mt gears reversed for comparison. whatever pulleys he needs. it has a 27cc in an on road. his dam d shaft came apart today, took out the brake disc. what a mess...

so that's it. shoot me the cost to send shipped to surrey, bc, canada. v3w-3e5. I'll pay you for it, and he can pay me.

DemonRC

I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting. There are several other factors that have nothing to do with manufacturing of the belt drive that are putting a delay on things. First, would be my partner's interest in a 7075 CNC lightened race chassis for the MCD. I may possibly produce one or two versions of these for the XT/B. Anyways it is looking like we may try to release these all at the same time instead of one by one. I have my say in this but money talks and he seems to have more of it nowdays that I do LMAO.

We're still looking at this summer for release if nothing else gets thrown on the plate. I'll have a much better idea where we stand in a few weeks when we get some quotes back on production of the other products. I'll let you guys know then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.