• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon RC - Competition Belt Drive Pics

DemonRC

Obeast44 said:
Like the new name bro :)
Still rocking that Rev-I?
Actually, I unloaded full auto on a dam cat that was tearing up my garbage bags two days ago. I had the velocity turned way up too. LMAO. I bet it felt like getting hit with 20 marbles a second at 300 fps. I wonder if the owner noticed his black cat is now yellow. :D

Sincerely,

Catchaser, AKA Catshooter

hamster huey

It looks worth it just for the performance, but is their weight savings too for the rampage version? It looks lighter. If its heavier how much heavier?

Sorry to hear you had to blast a cat on account of its dumbass owner. I hate it when people don't take care of their animals and let them run around causing trouble. Shoot the neighbor for me next time!

DemonRC

hamster huey said:
It looks worth it just for the performance, but is their weight savings too for the rampage version? It looks lighter. If its heavier how much heavier?
Sorry to hear you had to blast a cat on account of its dumbass owner. I hate it when people don't take care of their animals and let them run around causing trouble. Shoot the neighbor for me next time!
It's lighter than a Rampage steel gear setup with the alloy plate. The fat 10mm one piece layshaft is coming in next week so that will add a little weight. I'll have to check then. Overall you won't lose much weight on the setup since the pulleys have internal mounts and are 18mm wide. You do however lose the rotating mass of the center shaft and 2 bearings that support it.

DemonRC

Bill_G said:
Very nice design. Its gotta be at least 4x more efficient than the wobbly plastic gears.
It's really smooth. With my car on the stand I can take one finger and with slight pressure roll the belt over the pulleys and turn the wheels. You also wouldn't believe how much quieter it is without all those gears clattering.

DemonRC

All I can say is it will be very competitive in pricing with prices from any of the other timing belt distributors/supply shops but with better materials. Average pricing for these belts in this size are about $8-$11 depending on who your ordering from. I need to see what quantities we are going to be producing before I can get a number out. I'll have something shortly.

DemonRC

Just a quick update... Since we are using 10mm clutchbell and layshafts the stock bearings (22x8x7) will NOT be replaced with the very very hard to find 22x10x7 bearing. We will be using a 22x10x6 bearing which is widely available.

DemonRC

Another update:

After carful consideration we will be canning the slipper system and locking down the pulleys to the shafts. I think you guys would appreciate how much easier maintainance will be when changing belts and/or pulleys. The new system should look alot better also. We will be adding a "designer" outer plates. Future plans are to add various designs to be offered as upgrades. I think the new changes are going to make the system more cosmetically pleasing, much easier to work on, and should eliminate almost all maintainance on it. The changes should have no effect on releasing later this winter.

Here's just some of the plates designs I've been tinkering with. All they really do is keep the pulley from sliding off the shaft. Basically, they are just a big fancy washer.

ss%20new%20outer%20plate.jpg

iwik76

I'm loving the "big fancy washer" design's i would go for the 4 pronged Ninja star style think it would look awesome spinning at speed..

DemonRC

It really does look neat when spinning. Most likely the stock outer plate will be more of a disc with some simple cuts into it. It'll keep the price down and help disapate heat off the pulleys. If the cost is low enough we might drill venting holes into it like a Porsche brake disc.

iwik76

DemonRC said:
It really does look neat when spinning. Most likely the stock outer plate will be more of a disc with some simple cuts into it. It'll keep the price down and help disapate heat off the pulleys. If the cost is low enough we might drill venting holes into it like a Porsche brake disc.
Yes please that would be sweet.

Also had a look on your website and there was a price on there for this upcoming project. forgive me if i'm asking a dumb question but will that be for the whole set-up?

DemonRC

The $225 price is an approximation of what we expect but it's close. And yes that will be for the entire setup:

Clutchbell

Alloy gear plate

One-piece layshaft and brake square

Bearings

1 set of pulleys

outer plate

nuts and washers

Big Bob 13

DemonRC said:
The $225 price is an approximation of what we expect but it's close. And yes that will be for the entire setup:
Clutchbell

Alloy gear plate

One-piece layshaft and brake square

Bearings

1 set of pulleys

outer plate

nuts and washers
im a buyer!!!!p.m me wen available

IMADMAN

Any issues with sharp pieces of gravel getting wedged in the pulleys and cutting up the belt? ( use to be an issue, with my HPI RS4 ) or any wear issues with the cross-pin area?

OICU812

demonrc said:
the $225 Price Is An Approximation Of What We Expect But It's Close. And Yes That Will Be For The Entire Setup:
Clutchbell

Alloy Gear Plate

One-piece Layshaft And Brake Square

Bearings

1 Set Of Pulleys

Outer Plate

Nuts And Washers
I Want Mine Also

tectic

iwik76 said:
Yes please that would be sweet.
Also had a look on your website and there was a price on there for this upcoming project. forgive me if i'm asking a dumb question but will that be for the whole set-up?
I can see a couple of these in my take-back list on the next trip !!

iwik76

tectic said:
I can see a couple of these in my take-back list on the next trip !!
Lol if your "un sac magic" is availiable then i wouldn't say no... these belt drives look awesome..

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts