• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anyone ever tried a Rotostart on a Redcat?

G

Nice price too!

delta_kilo

Someone brought up burned up bearing on roto starts in the past. Seems they have fixed that issue with this statement on facebook.

"The main thing to take note of with this product is that the one way bearing stays on the drill part, so it's not constantly spinning with the flywheel, adding extra drag, and eventually burning up, like other "roto starts" often do. Plus our design is simple and doesn't add any weight to the car."

dansmg

Roto start

Just put the GTB Rotostart on my Rampage MT. Was tired of breaking pull starters. Having trouble keeping my engine running. Would think this would take care of some of my problems, but not sure yet.

G

It may aid in starting, but as far as keeping it running, that's your tune. :)

blak__jak

i just got a rotary engine start kit from integy part # BAJ152BLUE 59.99 it's a very nicely made h/d part nice looking redcat blue too. it says on the package it's made for hpi 5b'5t,5b2.0,& 5sc. i put it on my m/t seemed to fit fine but ate the flywheel while running it for frist time. i got a hold of integy and their answer was that maybe redcats flywheels were not made as strong as hpi's. like i said nice unit though if anybody wants to try their luck.

delta_kilo

I'm not sure I'd call it a nice unit if it destroys my Rampage but hey just saying and thanks for the info. I will steer clear of that one for sure.

Deluge

Where's that vid of someone easily starting their engine with a plain pull start? Usually pops up in these threads. :D

I'll stick with the stock pull start. Hasn't failed me, yet.

Deluge

dansmg said:
Just put the GTB Rotostart on my Rampage MT. Was tired of breaking pull starters. Having trouble keeping my engine running. Would think this would take care of some of my problems, but not sure yet.
Do you just grab the handle and pull? That'll break pull starts.

blak__jak

hey dk i just meant it's nicely made and good looking too and it might work fine on an hpi. i did'nt want to knock their product. the thing is built like a tank. i'll post a pic when i get a sec.

blak__jak

maybe i'm lasy or maybe i'd rather use a computer instead of sliding some beads across some strings or why don't i cut down a tree and carve a toy truck that i could push around by hand. i don't know i just say what's wrong with progress? course i can still take off my shoes and get another ten numbers out of my toes so what can i know!

Chief409

My view is here. And I'm speaking from experience.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?p=102485#post102485

With a LONG career in High Tech. Who isn't retired. And no has no plan to retire in the near future. I'm having "TOO MUCH FUN!" Funny, sometimes kids are the most resistant to progress. Wish that would change. History says it won't though. Till then, guess I'll just keep setting an example.

So...

BUD IS GOOD ON FRIDAY after work! And be ready to overcome any obstacle. Even walking the last mile up a mountain to get to a job when your truck dies on you. Just make sure the front of the truck is pointed out when you park it. Makes it easier for the tow truck driver.

Another done that, been there. Today, by the way.

Chief409

Last edited by a moderator:
G

blak__jak said:
maybe i'm lasy or maybe i'd rather use a computer instead of sliding some beads across some strings or why don't i cut down a tree and carve a toy truck that i could push around by hand. i don't know i just say what's wrong with progress? course i can still take off my shoes and get another ten numbers out of my toes so what can i know!
desismileys_3838.gif So True!

RampageHopUps

I was just at Home Depot and found the Troy Built weedeater has the same drill starter contraption as the Killer-RC unit. He beat all of us to it. Except the internals of that weedeater is for use with a 1-2 HP engine, not a 6 HP one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts