• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Phill

Ice_2k said:
It's actually resting on the top of the engine
Thanks

That's what I thought.

I've been trying to wrap it tightly and it keeps coming off.

Ice_2k

Wrapping it tightly never got me a decent reading, you need to leave it loose

Ice_2k

Aside from the dogbones and the drive cups, what else would have problems with rust? I'd like to take it out into the snow but I want to make sure I don't create unnecessary issues by doing it

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
No, everything is under snow and will remain like that at least until march :(
Ok cool!

Ice_2k said:
Aside from the dogbones and the drive cups, what else would have problems with rust? I'd like to take it out into the snow but I want to make sure I don't create unnecessary issues by doing it
It's the same as washing your rig. Drying it and oiling afterward is key. If not, anything metal not protected or oiled will rust if exposed to snow/water, including the screws and bolts.

Ice_2k

So basically ten minutes of fun in the snow would need a few hours of maintenance :(

Ice_2k

On a separate note, when gas is getting low the engine is starting to go lean when accelerating (probably fuel goes towards the back and the engine is sucking air), is there a way to avoid this? Maybe reposition the fuel filter or smth?

alfred e numan

pick up tube

on my gas- petrol xb, I have a brass pick up tube with a flared end approx 2 or 3 mm from the lowest area in the gas tank. The fuel filter is outside of the gas tank. seems to operate well - unless the car is upside down.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
On a separate note, when gas is getting low the engine is starting to go lean when accelerating (probably fuel goes towards the back and the engine is sucking air), is there a way to avoid this? Maybe reposition the fuel filter or smth?
My fuel line inside the tank is long enough that the filter is vertical and forcefully touching the very bottom of the tank. This way the filter doesn't get to move at all.

In that setup if the filter picks up air, it means that I have run the rig for an unreasonable amount of time on one tank.

Ice_2k

My filter is also forced on the bottom at the tank, but its horizontal.

phreerider

dust or rust...i 'm taking a little dust!

anyway after you blow it out its actually pretty dry, sand is different but field dust can certainly "season" the look a bit. snow would be challenging , something like bioshield(boeshield T-9) might be better it dries to waxy coating. just have to do it EVERYTIME!

coat it and blow it !

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

Yet another DuneRunner :)

I don't mind doing something like that every time, I just don't want to disassemble it every time. I'll look for that Bioshield online and see if I can find something similar in Europe, I never heard of it before.

phreerider

after a few sessions its a small step and quick. the blow out really makes the process quick and tidy. AND you focus on WHAT actually needs it. avoid the clutch, but if it gets soaked--->quick, light and super dry blow out but avoid in general

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts