• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT with IMEX J-7 wheels/tires

crazyfast

Just got them today and WOW! Because they're so wide, I was worried about the front left tire clearing my DDM pipe. But once on, I have a good 1/2" clearance at the closest point... PHEW!! Picture camparison to 5T tires (7.5" tall). Also picked up a Killer RC wire pull starter.

G

They are much lighter than the MT tires. If I remember correctly over a pound lighter per tire.

crazyfast

Haven't ever seen/held an MT tire yet. Buddy has a set he's going to dig out. But compared to the 5T wheels/tires that I was running, they weren't too much heavier. Definitely not as heavy as you would think. I will throw them on a food scale in the next few days to get the exact oz's.

crazyfast

Michaels12 said:
Looks tuff.... Did you weigh them? I wondered if they are close to the redcat MT weight
They are 11oz each (about 1.75lbs)

claude bigelow said:
Nice!!! what's the site to pick up a pair of those?
I found these through Amazon.com but the actual company is Phoenix Model Company. They're on sale right now for $59 a pair (wheel and tire). I signed up for the Amazon Visa credit card because you get a $30 gift card. I plan on paying it off and cancelling it immediately LOL. One hell of a deal in the end!!! :D

crazyfast

set the XSC body on just to see and I'm digging it!!! Just need to fab up some taller body posts and trim the rear fender well out bit :D

Greggfromohio

crazyfast said:
They are 11oz each (about 1.75lbs)I found these through Amazon.com but the actual company is Phoenix Model Company. They're on sale right now for $59 a pair (wheel and tire). I signed up for the Amazon Visa credit card because you get a $30 gift card. I plan on paying it off and cancelling it immediately LOL. One hell of a deal in the end!!! :D
11 oz is only .6875 pounds. That is lightweight!

Michaels12

Wow! That makes it enticing...lose weight but keep the size.

What fitment is the hub?

I wonder if the MT can be converted. I was thinking it would be like an HPI to FG conversion, but it been a while since I looked into this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online