• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT battery pack & servo ?'s

crazyfast

I could just simply ask what servo to run but I'd like to understand what all these numbers mean.

Here's the battery I have. 5900mah 6v battery hump pack. So I know I have a 6v system. I hear ya'll are running 7v. How much difference does that make? I assuming I have to upgrade to 7v servos if I get a 7v battery pack but could always run a 7v servo with a 6v battery pack?

What is mah?

Today my servo suddenly began to zero out to the rear (turning left). It will turn right, but zero all the way back to the left again?! I'm running an XQ-S5040D 162g 0.18sec/60° 40KG/7.2V Heavy Duty High torque Digital Metal Servo (NO CLUE what that all means!!!) Thinking I may want a better servo for running these J-7's???? :confused:

Any imput is appreciated.

G

Mah is mili amp hours. It it's the amount of power stored.

The voltage in a 2s lipo will range from 7 to 8.4 volts depending on how full it is. A decent servo will perform much better if it can handle the higher voltage. It will be stronger and faster.

crazyfast

gotcha, so the Mah is basically the battery life?

What is '2s lipo'?

I'm looking around at other servos, and it seems like the XQ I'm running is faster and has more torque from 6v than any other I've found yet. Any ideas why it would randomly zero to the left?

G

The 2s means 2 cells in series. Lipo is short for lithium polymer.

crazyfast

Gotcha. Ok well I took out my XQ-S5040D steering servo and turns out the spline shaft was bent!!! I did roll it once before it started malfunctioning, but it wasn't even a rough roll!!! This will be the 2nd time I will have to replace it. 1st time i will admit, I did bash harder than i should have.

Now I'm thinking of just switching to a different brand but like I mentioned i haven't found one that is as fast or has as much torque as this XQ?! I am only running a 6v... haven't looked into upgrading to a 7v.

1. How much better is the 7v pack. Is it as simple as just putting a 7v pack in?

2. It seems like I have my servo saver tightened quite a bit. Would the 7v pack allow me to loosen this to have more play in there?

3. Is the servo saver more to protect the servo from a quick jerk when hitting something or more to save it from burning up if it keeps pushing/pulling after the steering has already maxed out?

G

1 yes if your servos can handle it.

2 no has nothing to do with voltage.

3 it is designed to protect the servo from those impacts. Too tight and you get servo damage. Too loose you get soft steering.

crazyfast

EDIT: Ok I would like to run a lip 7.4v setup. Need to keep this close to $100 (servo and battery)

Charger http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-4v-11-1v-LiPo-RC-Battery-Balance-Charger-2s-3s-3-Cell-/300948011299?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4611e63923

Battery http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lipo-Li-poly-7-4v-5200mah-60C-2S1P-Lipovolt-Battery-312A-Continuous-Discharge-/151172954944?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23329c3b40

Now that I understand all these numbers, lets talk quality and durability. What's the best servo to run with a lipo 7.4v pack? I was going to just order the Savox SV-0236mg (hoping it'd be bullet proof) but would it be better than the XQ that I'm running? I would hope so for the price!! lol. I haven't found anyone on this forum running an XQ, but I get a mixed feed back regarding the Hi Tec servos??

What servo you guys recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

You will get mixed from the Savox also. Both are nice servos but not fool proof. Bad EPA and either can still burn out. That Savox is a much stronger servo than the 5765.

The battery you have linked will not fit in the box. If you want it in the box you will need to check the battery dimensions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts