• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Where is everybody?

Ol' fart

Yep

I get that from my LHS too. Just talking up what there selling and knocking what the don't sell.

killajb

How funny, that must be what's HOT right now.. bash a little known product out of sheer ignorance.

I was pondering wheel adaptors to allow for baja 5b wheels but wanted to look at the tire offerings at my local hobby shop to determine if i should buy 4 rear wheels or standard skinny front and normal rears. I brought my XB-E along, but left it in the trunk thinking I would just be in for a quick spell.

There's always a 5b or 5t sitting on the counter top for display, and the guy who works behind the counter (who's always been a bit of an a$$) came over and jokingly asked if I wanted to buy both of 'em. I then noticed 3 baja's on the floor with repair tags on them and asked why they were there and where they ran them. Dude proceeds to tell me that things are different when you "go big" in rc, blah blah.. I mentioned that I already owned a 5th scale. Electric. He reply..? "Nuh, unh.. they don't make 'em.. You gotta an eighth scale man.. You gotta buy a conversion kit to go electric here.. blah blah blah.." I swear he wasn't even making eye contact as he spoke. After he was done "explaining" to me what real RC was all about. I just walked out of the store, returned and asked for a sticky note (customary for pple for bring in their own rides) for my car.

I took the body off and showed him my ride. "I'mean.. it looks kinda cheap man.. that esc can't handle a castle motor. You try to run it yet?"

I told him I'd race any 5b or 5t he has, on any course he can come up with. Just to see how my "cheap chinese car" compares. Because, y'know.. I'm kinda curious to see..

TheNewbe

Contributor
Its sad how fast people are to knock something they haven't taken the time to drive and experience there self!!!!! I had that same problem with a few friends of mine when I got my XT and MT. They were like "red what I have never heard of that" and then I just crank them up, take some fast runs, jump a little, hand them the control and say "Care to try". After they pick there jaw off the ground and go wot they were left speechless.

Obeast44

Banned
Luckily for me I don't have a LHS, otherwise I would do the same as you KillaJB. Im more than willing to race any car, sure I may get beat but it won't be because its a Redcat. It'd be because I can't drive for $hit! :D

Even though I won't be allowed to enter the official races at the Powerjam. I will be there running my XBe balls to the wall, just to demonstrate what these cars can do. I even bought a cheap high def 12MP camcorder to take as much video as I can.

IMO the HW 150amp ESC is more than capable of doing the job. Im more worried about my Castle motor frying than it.

Ron E

Contributor
MINES HERE, MINES HERE... thats all, jus syain... it's sittin right here behind me in my office at work... way cool. cant wait till tonight to get her going :D

man this thing looks awesome, large scale is just so freakin cool...

very nice looking buggy = :D :eek: :p

k.jensen

well, I really do hope u all have alot of fun with it, I'm desireing one aswell. just gotta win the arguement with the wife aboyt me getting A XB-E to play with where I'm not allowed to play with my XB ;)

forist

Contributor
I am going to try to make it down there this year going to car pool with wbrucex if we go. Someone bring a extra XBE and Ill drive her if it make 5 for a race hehehe.

Deluge

k.jensen said:
well, I really do hope u all have alot of fun with it, I'm desireing one aswell. just gotta win the arguement with the wife aboyt me getting A XB-E to play with where I'm not allowed to play with my XB ;)
Just buy it.

Deluge

Don't hide it. Just put it on the kitchen table with a box of Midol on top with a sticky note that says "Get over it."

That's what I would do.

TheNewbe

Contributor
Deluge said:
Don't hide it. Just put it on the kitchen table with a box of Midol on top with a sticky note that says "Get over it."
That's what I would do.
Now thats the way to do it! ROFLMAO

Ron E

Contributor
TheNewbe said:
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission
i used to do this, now she doesn't even ask... she just shakes her head and says i'm an idiot. oh well, she married me, whats that make her???

look what followed my home today!!!

squirt-xbe010.jpg

squirt-xbe012.jpg

squirt-xbe014.jpg

squirt-xbe025.jpg

k.jensen

mmmh Nice pics ron.

ohh well I just said to my wify that I'm gonna exchange one of my gasoline rc's to this eletric one. she just rolled her eyes and said "oh yeah why not"

now thats permission :p also it will look much nicer with 2 Redcat's standing along side eachother in the livingroom than a FG Marder and a Redcat :D

newrcownerxbe

ok i uploaded a video to youtube...lets see if this works (hahaha forum newbie here)

[ame]

[/ame]
for some reason i cant add it as a "Manage Attachments" option

newrcownerxbe

does this bar look bent...it is gouging a part of the steering arm, would anyone have a part name or number so i could maybe order another one. Not even sure where to start looking. and not really sure how this arm got bent in the first place...but i want it to stop gouging.

bent_bar.jpg

/monthly_2011_06/bent_bar.jpg.4ea342e76f187568077bd362cb7c7d1c.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts