• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels/tires

fastlane

Team Driver
RampageHopUps said:
You would need a complete re-design of the adapters. Possible, but not likely. Get that Nitro shit out of the garage and toss it.
+1 these rigs are too heavy for those wheels.

twisted - bones

why would you want to mount 17mm? :eek: there are no tires in that range that will withstand the punishment of a fifth scale truck. If you figure it out make sure you post up the results and some pics of the effect your truck had on those poor wheels. :D

And as for nitro shit? I happen to own and race nitro "shit" Maybe if 1/5th scale companies did a better job of promoting thier products and got out of the freaking niche market more people would start buying them and racing them. :rolleyes: until then I will continue to race my nitro "shit" as there are more races available in one weekend here than there are a freakin year for the 1/5th scale "shit" don't get me wrong but RC is RC regardles of what scale you are driving.

I happen to enjoy all scales and represent all as good quality fun for the whole family. I am pushing people to buy the 1/5th scales as they are much cheaper to work on than the 1/8th race offerings. But then there is also a huge Quality and craftsmanship gap between the two as well which would explain the gap in costs.

Just my 2cents.

fastlane

Team Driver
Well no matter what "Shit" 17mm hubs and wheels belong on Small RCs. Hostile tires on Baja wheels is the only durable way to go man.

fastlane

Team Driver
twisted - bones said:
why would you want to mount 17mm? :eek: there are no tires in that range that will withstand the punishment of a fifth scale truck. If you figure it out make sure you post up the results and some pics of the effect your truck had on those poor wheels. :D
And as for nitro shit? I happen to own and race nitro "shit" Maybe if 1/5th scale companies did a better job of promoting thier products and got out of the freaking niche market more people would start buying them and racing them. :rolleyes: until then I will continue to race my nitro "shit" as there are more races available in one weekend here than there are a freakin year for the 1/5th scale "shit" don't get me wrong but RC is RC regardles of what scale you are driving.

I happen to enjoy all scales and represent all as good quality fun for the whole family. I am pushing people to buy the 1/5th scales as they are much cheaper to work on than the 1/8th race offerings. But then there is also a huge Quality and craftsmanship gap between the two as well which would explain the gap in costs.

Just my 2cents.
Rob sells nitro shit too bty. Electric shit gas shit. Point is the man knows his shit. I think he was trying to say when it comes to 5th scale forget about the 8th scale parts.

scaremonger

wow tell me really how you all feel. lol. hey guys just to let you know, i will figure out a way and then ill show you how and what happened. some things i just gotta know. like for example... Cf for chassi plate?

Martin

There already exist lots of 23mm hex hub wheel for 1/8 scale, I have a set here for my losi XXL, but I do not advise to try, i'm sure the tire and wheel will disintegrate.

hamster huey

Yeah get rid of the nitro by converting it to faster, cheaper, brushless. Nitros are a little slower and more $ in the long run. Brushleess anything and 1/5 gas are supreme!

Last edited by a moderator:

scaremonger

i never said i had nitro but since i din't dispute it... all my scales are brushless. I invite you guys to check out my youtube channel. SCAREMONGERe

scaremonger

Martin said:
There already exist lots of 23mm hex hub wheel for 1/8 scale, I have a set here for my losi XXL, but I do not advise to try, i'm sure the tire and wheel will disintegrate.
im not sure, but does nitro have more RPMs than a two stroke. so the tires spin faster right? you must be refering to the weight of the MT on smaller tires. i belive its just like anything else, buy, use it, then buy it again if you like it. Ill have them running here in a while. stand by.

fastlane

Team Driver
scaremonger said:
i never said i had nitro but since i din't dispute it... all my scales are brushless. I invite you guys to check out my youtube channel. SCAREMONGERe
Ha Ha you have brushless monsters too. I have a DM-1 Spec that eats nitros for snacks. Really and truly the 1/5 scales will play hell on those 1/8 wheels and tires. The Torque will shred them my friend.

hamster huey

scaremonger said:
im not sure, but does nitro have more RPMs than a two stroke. so the tires spin faster right? you must be refering to the weight of the MT on smaller tires. i belive its just like anything else, buy, use it, then buy it again if you like it. Ill have them running here in a while. stand by.
Yes nitro has more rpm than gas. They are both 2 stroke (except the thumpers). Tire spin is determined by gearing not by rpm alone. The 1/8 tires and wheels don't have the reinforcement needed to withstand 20-30lbs of side force or jumping and most are only glued to the rims. Some people use the 23mm proline 40 series which do come in some pretty stong beadlocks but you would be using them at the risk of destroying them cause they werent made for 1/5 or 1/6.

rob64n

Contributor
i'll say try whatever you want, cause even the stock hpi tires rip close to the beadlocks. that's why it's a cool hobby we run, we bash, and then we rebuild,lol. it's a big vicious cycle.

hamster huey

If youre the guinea pig I say try the 23mm beadlocks and let us know. My best guess is if they fail at most youll be out a pair of rubber and rim. Theyre relativley cheap used on ebay.

twisted - bones

fastlane said:
Well no matter what "Shit" 17mm hubs and wheels belong on Small RCs. Hostile tires on Baja wheels is the only durable way to go man.
My proline set up for the 5t are working pretty well too. I like the trenchers, yeah they are soft compound but boy o boy do the grab the track and as for grass well lets sat this....I don't have to mow the back yard anymore:D

And I know Rob sells other RC stuff. Just don't like to bag on anyone's scale or power source. hell I even have some micro scales we terrorize the cats with around the house. All in good fun.....well maybe not for the cat:cool:

Brushless stomps nitro I agree but there is something about the sound and smell of nitro that I just will not let go of it. At 35 bucks a gallon my truggys do not get played with except for practice and racing. at 4 bucks a gallon I can afford to run my 1/5 all day long or at least until it breaks:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts