• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels Came First

G

I added a plug to ease in body removal. Shoe glue works great in keeping wiring where it belongs. I also added a dab of shoe glue on the back of the lights to keep them from rattling.

--

4f901079.jpg

032838df.jpg

G

Added a pair of 3 led strips under the wing. And built a bumper extension, which I'm sure I'll probably break. LOL

---

63b8b09a.jpg

G

Very slowly ,lol but working on it. im taking my vacation in 2 weeks and thats what i am going to work on.
Good luck. Can't wait to see pics.

G

Looks Nice Man! I wanted to put a set of Lights on mine. Can you post some more pics of how you mounted by the front shock tower....
I mounted them to the bumper. The lights are mounted to a rpm light bracket. I used one of the aluminum spacers that came in the bag with the XT bumper brackets. I needed to get it high enough to clear the sway bar. The bumper is hollow but there is a vertical rib of plastic in the center I removed to make room for the nut. I didn't want the bolt to go through and stick out the bottom.

---

f6303088.jpg

efe92809.jpg

c925e7bd.jpg

4ac978f7.jpg

Keith81

Looks great, Are you happy with the LED's ???

I got mine in from ebay, they came broken so I got a refund... Looking into buying the posts and leds again for one of my MT's so I can play in the evening, its gettin dark around 5pm here in NY now...

XBENOOB

Keith81 said:
Looks great, Are you happy with the LED's ???I got mine in from ebay, they came broken so I got a refund... Looking into buying the posts and leds again for one of my MT's so I can play in the evening, its gettin dark around 5pm here in NY now...
I don't know about RCDAD.... But I have LED's on my XB-E, and I am very happy with the LED's... They are super bright (had people complain that they are brighter than the ones on their 1:1 vehicles)... The only down side is when you are driving back to yourself... You get blinded by the lights. :D Other than that... You can really see the difference at night.

Running and/or Brake lights on the back is also a good thing.. Lets you know where where it is at and when the breaks kick in after you pull the trigger.

I broke the mounting pins off on two of my light pods (I hit a brick wall)... Managed to glue and screw them back together.. I ordered 2 sets of Aluminum light pods from King Motor RC (ebay) just in case I hit the wall again. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aluminum-Light-pods-Fits-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-KM-2-0-SS-WOW-/300606886019?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd911083

I have them now, and they look better than the pictures on ebay. They will look great on my aluminum mounts from Killer RC.... :D :D :D

G

I have the aluminum pods with killer RC lights in my mt. I have the cheap plastic ones that came with the leds on the xb. The cheaper ones seem just as bright. We'll see how long they last.

G

More Completed

I finally have it back together. I bought myself the 7.5hp OBR for Christmas. Fired it up for the first time time today. I added the MT resi shocks and some xb aluminum hopups, all deanodized and polished. Included are shock towers, steering assembly, upper suspension links, steering links, front top plate, fuel tank brackets, wing stay, role cage, and MT gear plate. I threw on some Hostile slicks to break in the OBR. Props to Rob, his Baja adapters fit over my extended axles.

--

187080a5.jpg

288bde94.jpg

16f4e97a.jpg

4986e5d9.jpg

G

More pics

I also made a shock brace out of the original shock tower.

--

05b404b9.jpg

9d290986.jpg

5a449355.jpg

1888c870.jpg

G

More pics

5035d9c0.jpg

62a49b78.jpg

--

--

These are on order. I had to order a couple sets, I want to run all fronts with Bowties.

837f1a71.jpg

G

Looks Smoking Brother!!!! How did that OBR Run........?
Rich, a little smokey and slow for the first tank. LOL

I will say it is louder. I would think because of the higher compression. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts