• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels Came First

G

So I bought those aluminum wheels from Obeat44 which gave me the reason to get an xb. I gotta say I love it. it's a blast to drive! I'm starting this thread to share the build. As I did with my MT I like to find things I like and make them work. Part of my budget went to Obeast44 on the wheels so I have to wait on the rear mount Jetpro I planned on. I found a new Baja pipe on eBay for crazy cheap. I did not get it to fit as good as I hoped but it seems to make really great power. It hangs out back a little too far. And I still have to make a rear bumper. I installed it before I finished the break in of the xb. I don't have the xb tuned for performance yet but it screams with that pipe. It is the rear mount DDM pipe for the Baja. I had to cut it rotate and extend it. Here are some pics of it mounted.

---

7420edf0.jpg

d64a0d4f.jpg

G

With aluminum wheels, a aluminum wing is a must! I got the TGN wing designed for the 5b. I extended the brackets to make it work. I just could not drill more holes, it is to beautiful. The wheels are awesome! Thanks again Obeast. They have a higher offset so the xb now has a much wider stance. I left the original squares on and lengthened the axles. I welded more thread onto them. I have the 7075 bearings and holders on the way. I know the stockers would fail with my extended axles.

---

Wing mount

2218f2d0.jpg

---

4bae12c1.jpg

6fe664f1.jpg

G

Under the hood has some chrome of course. Vented tank. Killer bee, DDM tank cap, foam air cleaner, and a turtle racing pull starter with the killer RC cable. I don't know what air filter you guys run but this is the only one I could get to fit. I know there are some some billet ones but they don't offer much protection. This filter is foam on the end also so it can squish under the body. Stack and aluminum intake with the cool silicon gaskets are also installed. Servos have not arrived yet. I will be ordering a new tank already since I tore the grommet:( I wish you could just get the grommet. I guess I'll die the new tank when I get it.

---

5893b962.jpg

aa7f3166.jpg

Last edited:
G

I need to mention also that the stock rx binded just fine to the flysky controller. And all three channels worked.

G

Damn dude you work fast! That is a great lookin XB!
Yeah, actually as soon as I knew those wheels were mine I started ordering parts. Lol

DustyR3825

Banned
All you got to do to fit another filter is cut that windshield out! That's what I did. Looking good!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

All you got to do to fit another filter is cut that windshield out! That's what I did.
That's always an option. But I'm thinking for the future as well. I would like a Grafil mcd body and I don't want to cut that one. I'm also thinking of building a cage and running a half body kinda like the fg.

G

Thanks for all the nice words.

I've got the 7075 order and LEDs on the way I'll post more when I get them installed.

DustyR3825

Banned
RCDAD said:
That's always an option. But I'm thinking for the future as well. I would like a Grafil mcd body and I don't want to cut that one. I'm also thinking of building a cage and running a half body kinda like the fg.
That MCD Grafil Body is Freakin Sweet!!! I have been thinking of away to build a bad was body. So many ideas just not sure how to do it!!

FuzzBall03

This looks great!

Too bad the wheels are half of the car's value ;)

Your tank grommet - What about geTtING the snappy kit grommet?

Though, I suppose a new tank would be close in price anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I think the Snappy Grommet is like 8 bucks through DDM
I tried one of those on my MT but it did not fit well. The tank plastic is too thin. I tried adding a o-ring to the grommet to take up the slack but it still leaked. The new tank is under 20 bucks. This way I can have the new one soaking in dye while I disassemble the old one:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts