• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels Came First

DustyR3825

Banned
RCDAD said:
I tried one of those on my MT but it did not fit well. The tank plastic is too thin. I tried adding a o-ring to the grommet to take up the slack but it still leaked. The new tank is under 20 bucks. This way I can have the new one soaking in dye while I disassemble the old one:)
All that I know is it was a SOB to fit in the tank. I think I even broke a sweat! I haven't had a problem with mine............yet!

rcgasser

LOL I have found that rubbing the gourmet down with 2 stroke oil real good will help it twist into the tank alot easier. I have not had any problems with my snappy rc as well.

gormmet.jpg

gormmet.jpg

/monthly_2011_11/gormmet.jpg.46b664ff18510f1c674ea33cdc3f28c2.jpg

G

Does any one know if all Redcat gassers use the same grommet on the tanks? I would assume they do.

G

LOL I have found that rubbing the gourmet down with 2 stroke oil real good will help it twist into the tank alot easier. I have not had any problems with my snappy rc as well.
That's what I did when I tried it. The oil seemed to make my fingers slip off more then the grommet slipping in. LOL

I think I tore the barbed end on the grommet installing it creating the leak. I think this time I will just order the tank kit the first time. The extra 10 bucks is worth it for me to not have my kids hear me swearing while I try to get the damn thing in. LOL

I also remember sore fingers the following day. Lol

DustyR3825

Banned
Yes, I also used the 2 stroke oil and like I said difficult, cussing a couple breaks to cool off and i finally got it. I know for a 2 hole Grommet the MCD one fits and works! You can get them at LargeScaleRC.com

FuzzBall03

DustyR3825 said:
Yes, I also used the 2 stroke oil and like I said difficult, cussing a couple breaks to cool off and i finally got it. I know for a 2 hole Grommet the MCD one fits and works! You can get them at LargeScaleRC.com
You may try this too:

Warm up the fuel tank, let it sit outside in the sun... or warm water.

When I dyed my tank, I basically dropped the grommet in before it cooled off fully. Now that it's cooled, it's tight and doesn't leak.

Ron E

Contributor
dude, that is a great looking xb, very nice... makes me want an xb or xt...

DustyR3825

Banned
FuzzBall03 said:
You may try this too:Warm up the fuel tank, let it sit outside in the sun... or warm water.

When I dyed my tank, I basically dropped the grommet in before it cooled off fully. Now that it's cooled, it's tight and doesn't leak.
Next time I have to replace one I will try this!

DustyR3825

Banned
RCDAD said:
Under the hood has some chrome of course. Vented tank. Killer bee, DDM tank cap, foam air cleaner, and a turtle racing pull starter with the killer RC cable. I don't know what air filter you guys run but this is the only one I could get to fit. I know there are some some billet ones but they don't offer much protection. This filter is foam on the end also so it can squish under the body. Stack and aluminum intake with the cool silicon gaskets are also installed. Servos have not arrived yet. I will be ordering a new tank already since I tore the grommet:( I wish you could just get the grommet. I guess I'll die the new tank when I get it.---

5893b962.jpg

aa7f3166.jpg
What color is that TR Pull Start? I have been trying to find a Black one...

G

It is their gun metal. It is grey compared to the Redcat brown gun metal.

G

The pull starter is designed better. I also had bought one for my MT. However, that rope broke on the third pull. So I now will install the killer RC cable before I install any pull starter. It is just a royal PITA when you've been looking forward to a trip out to run the cars and the rope breaks before you can have any fun.

DustyR3825

Banned
TR are releasing a V2 pull start but I'm not for sure when....They are suppose to be pretty expensive though....

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith81

RCDAD said:
The pull starter is designed better. I also had bought one for my MT. However, that rope broke on the third pull. So I now will install the killer RC cable before I install any pull starter. It is just a royal PITA when you've been looking forward to a trip out to run the cars and the rope breaks before you can have any fun.
Aint that the truth, I broke a pull-start and bought the hpi replacement for the baja 23/26cc from my local hobby shop, was easy and quick I thought, 2nd pull and the damn thing broke, took it to the lhs, gave me another, same crap happened!

needless to say I wouldn't tell anyone to get the cheap ass hpi crap replacement... Get a better named one with a good pull string!!!

G

edecals.com has a lot of stickers that are great for RCs. I ordered some chrome tribal flame to add another demension to the XBs body.

---

08430bdd.jpg

G

I installed my lights this weekend. I installed 2 headlights on the chassis and two on the body.

---

a79129c5.jpg

6c251aa1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts