• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the cylinder torque for a cy engine

mooman007uk

Banned
I blew one on my FG last weekend, I put grey gasket seal on my rampage...the way to go...no leaky..so shall do same on the fg...they always leak on the boltless side...maybe I need a torque wrench! nah I'll hack it and use the goo and torque til it feels right:D

Piranha2

Contributor
You have to admit, he IS funny......remember always torque ONLY 2 corners of a square.....someone should tell Zenoah to go to a 4 bolt design to eliminate blow-outs......awww crap, they already did :eek:

DemonRC

You can be a anal torque slut all you want but in the long run it don't matter. Two bolts will blow gaskets. End of story. I don't worry about gaskets. I worry about this happening again...

|

|

V

C.B.

mooman007uk said:
I blew one on my FG last weekend, I put grey gasket seal on my rampage...the way to go...no leaky..so shall do same on the fg...they always leak on the boltless side...maybe I need a torque wrench! nah I'll hack it and use the goo and torque til it feels right:D
moo im with you on that hack it up buddy i always wondered how important it was to provide even torque on a 2 bolt head still got 2 loose corners

Piranha2

Contributor
catchaser said:
You can be a anal torque slut all you want but in the long run it don't matter. Two bolts will blow gaskets. End of story. I don't worry about gaskets. I worry about this happening again...
|

|

V
AWESOME, now that's a great catastrophic failure :D You got more? How did that happen anyways? Did it snap when you overtorqued it? :D

WOW, is that a split in the cylinder head too? (middle left)

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
How did that happen anyways? Did it snap when you overtorqued it? :)
that is well funny

My lhs owner was running his 5b and flipped upside down into a deep puddle with a hot motor and it looked like catchasers when he picked it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah, being a boat guy I was always weary of a "hydraulic" failure........boat flips, injests water and explodes. I guess water and air compress differently......I would have never known gases and liquids were different :D if it weren't for chemistry, physics, yada yada yada

DemonRC

Piranha2 said:
AWESOME, now that's a great catastrophic failure :D You got more? How did that happen anyways? Did it snap when you overtorqued it? :D
WOW, is that a split in the cylinder head too? (middle left)
That's "was" an ONB hellafied 28.5 that was running on a Jetpro V3. Was screaming across a field and BLAM! The con road broke at the crank. I guess the piston slammed into the top of the head and busted it too. The only thing that kept the top from popping like a cork was the roll cage and the pipe.

Piranha2

Contributor
NICE, we are all so very proud of you :D It would seem that there is not one single person here who babies their rigs. YOU sir are definitely on the thrashing podium :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts