• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the cylinder torque for a cy engine

chucked

For the cy 2 bolts heads, whats the torque? blew out a base gasket tonight, replacing with copper tomorrow.

jigawatt

Zenoah manual says 60-80 Kg/cm... according to all the converters out there, thats a TON of torque

C.B.

moo some people might not know that anneal means to heat up slighty to soften

C.B.

torch is what i use get it nice and hot almost glowing let it cool then hit it with the tip of the flame for a split second to decarbonize makes them nice and pliable

Sprint 77

Contributor
Zenoah has a target number then a high and low side. My chart is from a Zenoah chart that I converted in a program for you, The 60-65 In/lbs range will get you nice tourque. I favor little high do to twist on a 4mm hex key long enough to go to the bolt thru th top of the cyl. More importantly sneak up on it go from bolt to bolt @ 25 then 40 then 55 then final touque, Remember click once and stop, some people like to click the clicker tourque wrenches like there some kind of band instrument, this is not good.

chucked

Its not necessary to change the torque due to the length of an extension. It doesn't change it

Sprint 77

Contributor
chucked said:
Its not necessary to change the torque due to the length of an extension. It doesn't change it
Maybe not and extension , because it is not likely at 60 in lbs it is gonna twist, however a 4 mm hardened hex key will twist at less than that to some degree .

chucked

No, it still doesn't matter. The only time you will need to figure out the change, is if you use a crows foot or some other type of adapter on the drive end. Extensions don't matter, the torque is the same on either end of it....

chucked

no, that's for an impact gun, that's different, if you put them on a torque wrench on a given torque, they would tighten to whatever the torque wrench is turned to. You will have to turn it more to get it to the proper torque to overcome the twisting, but the amount of force required is the same. Its common physics, and I'm not gonna argue over it....

kryptonite

it sounds like were pickin fly shit out of a pepper mill with all these adjusting for twist calculations. just crank down. you'll be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts