• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the cylinder torque for a cy engine

mooman007uk

Banned
chucked said:
no, that's for an impact gun, that's different, if you put them on a torque wrench on a given torque, they would tighten to whatever the torque wrench is turned to. You will have to turn it more to get it to the proper torque to overcome the twisting, but the amount of force required is the same.
I have to agree with that

chucked

no, if it is not torqued properly, the gasket will squish out, there are some real hacks on this forum....

Piranha2

Contributor
kryptonite said:
it sounds like were pickin fly shit out of a pepper mill with all these adjusting for twist calculations. just crank down. you'll be fine.
Great, now I have to go check the peppermill again :D

Sprint 77

Contributor
Hacks

chucked said:
no, if it is not torqued properly, the gasket will squish out, there are some real hacks on this forum....
While you have decided to call us ALL HACKS I never said to over torque nothing , because of long hex, I did say that since there is a high and low value or tolerance if you will I favor the high side with the long skinny 4 mm hex. If you don't like our help that's fine

Piranha2

Contributor
Hey Sprint, what do you know....ever since installing your 77DOM my truck won't go straight :D

kryptonite

chucked said:
please don't refer to us as "hacks".. your somewhat judgmental, arent you? a paper gaskit will blow, re-gaurdless of the torque specs. its plainly simple that you just did it wrong seeing that your motor cant have that much time on it.. you need to simmer down on the insults pertaining to redcat and our forum members..

chucked

No, there are some real hacks here, providing, I wouldn't say false information, but information that isn't correct, to people who need help, and it could potentially hurt them down the road. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade, I rebuild transmissions, engines, hydraulic pumps, cylinders, etc, on a daily basis. If my boss would hear me say some of the things I have been told on here, I'm definitely sure he wouldn't think too highly of it, and 2nd guess the equipment I've rebuilt. "just crank down" is not an acceptable torque on something like a CYLINDER.

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm actually a little tired of the whines and insults myself. Take ownership, accept responsibility and make better decisions. If you're not happy only YOU can change that. YOU do have a choice. The gentlemen and ladies on this forum have shared their knowledge and experience for free. Take all the advice and make your own informed decisions. [nobodies fault but mine] LZ

Piranha2

Contributor
There is NO way you can do your job by the book. YOU DO NOT have the resources! Go ahead, tell me you know the hydraulic pressure needed to move multiple levers with multiple fulcrums!

chucked

The pressure stays the same, which is anywhere from 2000 on small equipment like skid steers, to sometimes 12,000 in huge excavators, what changes is the diameter of the cylinders.

chucked

And I don't have to figure that out, the designer of the piece of equipment already did.

chucked

Here's a test.... Take 2 torque wrenches, put a allen socket on one, and a socket to fit the allen socket on the other. put it on, lets say 15 ft lbs, something low so its easy to click the wrench. Then put the wrenches together and see where each one clicks (which should be at the same exact time if they are calibrated right. Then take a 12" extension and put it on one of the sockets and try it again... see what happens... This is turning into airplane on a treadmill

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah, I blew a head gasket today......some HACK installed the 28.5cc headkit.......hmm :eek: ........I installed the headkit.....hence, HACK am I :eek: Oh well, I wasted 30min of my life putting (oops, HACKing) in a new one. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts