• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrading battery in XT & MT

dsomonster

Alright guys, been thinking about upgrading to LIPO batteries for some time now, but still do not have enough information. I want to achieve better servo performance and longer run times. I also want to cover these LIPOS in a battery box. I have not come across any LIPO batts that will fit in the stock battery compartments on our XT's or MT's. Both trucks have upgraded servos. The XT is running Hitec 5755 for steering and a 5746 for throttle. The MT will get similar, if not better servos too.

Do any of you gearheads have any ideas for me? Pics of modded battery compartments will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Ron

G

The KillerRC lipo packs fit in the larger Redcat battery box with room to spare. Thunder Power makes a smaller 2s lipo that will fit in the Mt dual servo box. However it is only half the mah and 2 x more expensive. Your other option is to run a single servo in the MT and install the larger battery box.

dsomonster

Somehow, I knew you would chime in. Thank God for RCDAD!

I, as well as others on this forum, really do appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us.

How do you like the performance of the KillerRC batt? What charger do you recommend? What run times have you experienced with this batt? The reason I ask is to see if I need to purchase 4 for longer play time. When the wife let's me and the kids play, we want to get every minute of it, if you catch my drift.

Thanks Again!

G

I only have to charge it once every few months. I'm guessing at least 5 tanks. The lipo packs don't loose voltage while dormant.

For those I just use a small balance charger that charges through the balance plug. I never take mine out of the battery box.

phreerider

+1 for KILLER RC Lipo 7.4v i run 4200 and get 2-3gal/charge somewhere around 10+hrs. easy.. the stock 2500 6V will last roughly a week which is about 5/6hours.

i run a strobe LED voltmeter which is a decent warning point for recharge. both remain on my unit and are not removed but either can be connected easily.

dsomonster

Thanks Guys! I will be ordering these batts for the XT and MT Pro.

1RC5

Old thread, but wanted to confirm if the current klr rc 4200mah 7.4v 2s lipo fits the MT box while retaining both steering servos?

Also, do I need an adapter for it to connect to the MT?

Thanks!

FMcamaroZ28

Measuring the stock battery box it is 2" x 2" x 3.5". It should fit but I don't have one to say 100%

The ******** lipo has two servo connections and won't connect upto the stock switch without an adapter.

This is an image of one. Search for servo plug to JST

You guys using the stock servos with a lipo?

I picked up a couple 1270HV's and going to test them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

1RC5

With the above adapter, which one is male/female? I Don't have theb the truck in front of me.

FMcamaroZ28

You need the male side for the red (JST) and a female side for the servo plug.

1RC5

I'm on hold at the moment since I need to confirm that the killer.rc 4200mah 7.4v lipo will fit the standard MT box with both servos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts