• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrades to get? New 30.5CC

Ruffy

Ok now i wait for my 2 MT's to show up. Already paid and shipped :) I have been reading up a little on the motors and found a huge selection on Dave's discount motors.

Tell me if it is worth buying or not please :)

Pipe: Jetpro side mount

Clutch springs: High Response Clutch Spring Set 8000 RPM's and or DDM Premium 7500 High-RPM???

Carb: Walbro WT-813 or WT-990. The 813 has a internal acceleration pump and is cheaper. no pump on the 990. Also there is the Zenoah HP Carburetor Kit witch is a WT-813 with a NGK spark plug by the looks of it?

For me its hard to understand most of it because for one im new to 1/5th scales and two everything i see on daves says fits CY29 but what about the new HY 30.5cc motors??? Not only that but there is really no info on anything of this motor. I don't even know the clutch size and suspension to get sock covers or better shocks. Also what fuel are you guys using? I wanted to run nothing but Cam2 but not 100% sure if that would be good for it?

Thanks Bob

Deluge

The Jetpro is a good pipe. The clutch spring is a good investment, 8000 or 7500 will be an improvement. I use the 8000 and I love it. The 813 eats throttle shafts, you're better off with the 990. As far as engine parts, it depends on what you're looking at. Most of the Zen or CY stuff will fit the HY. For fuel, I use 87. These engines don't really need high octane fuel, and you won't see any performance gains with it.

Ruffy

Thanks. I just got off Daves and completed my order. I got (2) 8000 RPM springs,DDM Dominator pipe kit, and a Jet-Pro pipe kit. I wanted to get the carb but I am going to wait a bit to see how these handle out of the box with them 2 upgrades first. Good news is when i called Daves tech they told me there going to get a 30.5 motor from Redcat and do a complete tear down and get some good parts for it to make it alot better.

rcgasser

Ruffy said:
Thanks. I just got off Daves and completed my order. I got (2) 8000 RPM springs,DDM Dominator pipe kit, and a Jet-Pro pipe kit. I wanted to get the carb but I am going to wait a bit to see how these handle out of the box with them 2 upgrades first. Good news is when i called Daves tech they told me there going to get a 30.5 motor from Redcat and do a complete tear down and get some good parts for it to make it alot better.
Cool great news especially on the engine parts.

Ruffy

Now when i get these monsters would it be ok to put the aftermarket pipes and springs for break in time? or would it be more safe to keep it stock till after break in?

RampageHopUps

I prefer to break it in with stock stuff for at least 2 tanks. Then when you put the hop-ups on, it feels like money well spent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts