• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade to battery box on CHIMERA

Mycbr6rr

I moved the ON/OFF switch to the side of the box for easier access and modified the battery plug so you can charge it without taking the lid off ,similar to the BAJAS ,cause the battery plugged direct into the ON/OFF SWITCH

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I wish I had the room in my boxes to run the switch on the sides. It would make it easier to reach with the bodies on.

I also keep my charge leads outside the box. Far more convenient.

G

Mine are pretty stuffed.

Mycbr6rr

That's awesome ,I thought of going on top with the switch but I wanted to be able to remove the cover without any attachments to it . Great job on it .

rcgasser

Yes it was now I am trying to figure out how I can do the gas cap I am thinking I am going to try the bullet fueler where I can fill the tank up from the top of the cage.

Mycbr6rr

That's a good idea but have you ever had one before ,I bought one for my baja before and it leaked like crazy when hooked it up to the gas cap ,if they used a aluminum valve on it that would have been better.i think for now I'm just gonna take off the cap and use a nitro fuel bottle to fill it. I'm still thinking about other ideas myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Yes I have heard of that many of time and they are supposed to have a better design now I really don't want the fueler itself because I use an electric pump to fill my cars so I just want a gas line from the top of the cage to the gas cap and just fill from there.

Mycbr6rr

Ah just use the gas cap and attach a hose to it and attach it to the cage ,I also thought of that .

rcgasser

Yes it will have to be but as far as the gas cap I can just drill it out and put in a nipple the add the gas line I was trying to get a cap to put on the gas line on the top part of the cage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts