• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade Aluminum Gear Mount

designed2survive

Nope! Total waste of money! It doesn't add 10 more HP to the engine or 50 more MPH to the car!

Just kidding! Lol! In an order of importance this comes second after a kill switch on a rampage! Job well done!

Dongskie

RampageHopUps said:
It helps alot with the bearings failing and gears melting.
I was told about that too, thanks rampagehopups!

Ol said:
How much did it cost?
I found it at an Australian website and it says $71AUD. My sister bought it for me as a lone over due Christmas gift lol, but the invoice says $20 and the funny thing is, the Invoice was different and it was from "boostup.com.au" and when I looked at the site, its an apparel site.. lol

RampageHopUps

He doesn;t have a stock Redcat. He has an HSP Bajer, which is not the same in several areas. Chassis and gear mount and body come to mind.

Ice_2k

Oh, ok. Live & learn :)

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
He doesn;t have a stock Redcat. He has an HSP Bajer, which is not the same in several areas. Chassis and gear mount and body come to mind.
I have an HSP too

Chassis appears to be the same as V3

Only difference I could find were plastic gears and plate which got replaced in the first week

Near impossible to get Redcat here in Aus

HSP bits all fit

RampageHopUps

I thought the Bajer was based on a longer MT Chassis? That is what NitroRCX sells it as.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
I thought the Bajer was based on a longer MT Chassis? That is what NitroRCX sells it as.
Not sure Rob but it is longer than the XB and from everything I've seen appears to be the new V3 chassis

DR boby fits , rear mounted motor etc.

Had I known more about Redcat when I bought it I would have bought an XB instead to get the better turning circle from the shorter chassis and with the centre mounted motor the handling would be better (I would imagine anyway) and parts seem to be easier to get for the X series.

I've been trying without success to get an enclosed body similar to the XB to keep the crap out but because of the lenght it's just about impossible

I even had Grafil measure their bodies for me.

Don't get me wrong it's a great car and lots of fun and hopefully as more get sold Redcat will make more bits available but for the time being it seems to be the odd one out.

Value for money wise you can't beat it.

Phill

Next time you're at Redcat can you ask if they have a manual for the 4wd version

The online one is for the 2wd and doesn't have part nos for the front drive shafts

Thanks

Phill

Dongskie

Phill said:
Don't get me wrong it's a great car and lots of fun and hopefully as more get sold Redcat will make more bits available but for the time being it seems to be the odd one out.

Value for money wise you can't beat it.
I agree :)

Dongskie

Hi guys,

Recently I got and installed my new Aluminum gear plate and it fits well with no trimiming or anything and it looks great too!

Anyway, after I have completed installing the gears and meshing them properly I got a new sound out of it, a whining sound.

I still have the stock plastic gears so I suspect that is is coming from the bevel and pinion form shaft C, but I am pretty sure I meshed them properly :)

here is a short clip of the whining sound:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts