• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade Aluminum Gear Mount

Phill

Dongskie said:
hehehe... just wondering coz it didn't have it before the gearplate upgrade :) anyways :D
Maybe you have a better mesh now?

My plastic gears lasted exactly 4 minutes so you're doing well.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
I thought the Bajer was based on a longer MT Chassis? That is what NitroRCX sells it as.
The one other difference I've found is the air filter is the 2 stage Baja one

There is a shorter wheelbase HSP also called a Bajer which is also 4wd but available in 2wd too

Maybe that's the one you re thinking of

It comes as 26cc whereas the longer one is 30.5

I swappedout my 30.5 for a 29cc 4 bolt Zenoah

Last edited by a moderator:

Dongskie

Phill said:
The one other difference I've found is the air filter is the 2 stage Baja oneThere is a shorter wheelbase HSP also called a Bajer which is also 4wd but available in 2wd too

Maybe that's the one you re thinking of

It comes as 26cc whereas the longer one is 30.5

I swappedout my 30.5 for a 29cc 4 bolt Zenoah
Shorter W/B?

Maybe they copied HPI's wheelbase length...

mellow1978

i just did the upgrade couple days ago mine makes the same sound. but i have a problem i went over couple of bumps and my clutch aint working how long does the shoes last i ran a gallon of fuel in it

Ice_2k

The clutch should last a lot longer than that. Are you sure the clutch is the problem?

BertR

Dongskie said:
Hi guys,Recently I got and installed my new Aluminum gear plate and it fits well with no trimiming or anything and it looks great too!

Anyway, after I have completed installing the gears and meshing them properly I got a new sound out of it, a whining sound.

I still have the stock plastic gears so I suspect that is is coming from the bevel and pinion form shaft C, but I am pretty sure I meshed them properly :)

here is a short clip of the whining sound:

How did you properly mesh the gears when you have no adjustments to work with..as for the noise you hear it ma be from the lay shaft is too tight.

BertR

mellow1978 said:
i just did the upgrade couple days ago mine makes the same sound. but i have a problem i went over couple of bumps and my clutch aint working how long does the shoes last i ran a gallon of fuel in it
Most likely the set screws on the gear square has come loose

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts