• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Update on my Jetpro exhuast gasket leak

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
It is easy to ruin the threads in the head. If you install studs, you only have to take the nuts off. The studs never have to come out again.
Yes it is I have done that myself.

Deluge

Both sizes will fit. They're just different lengths. I went with the 35mm studs. If I ever swap pipes and have to run an X-port, I'll have plenty of space for it. Plus, you're paying $12 either way so you might as well get the most out of it.

Ildy666

I just cut the heads off two metric bolts and notch one end for a flat tip screw driver to install in the head.$2 at the hardware store and 5 minutes cutting off the heads.$12 is to pricey for 2 studs Imo.....

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ildy666 said:
I just cut the heads off two metric bolts and notch one end for a flat tip screw driver to install in the head.$2 at the hardware store and 5 minutes cutting off the heads.$12 is to pricey for 2 studs Imo.....
LOL I was thinking I could do the same thing ... thanks for the 'notch one end for flathead'...perfect idea :D

G

+1

Good idea. Plus no waiting on the mail man.

rob64n

Contributor
if you want to run studs on a jetpro you have to dent in the sides of the header so you can fit the nuts on the studs, or do what I did and get a steel hpi header, cut the flange off and reweld it on the jetpro

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Both sizes will fit. They're just different lengths. I went with the 35mm studs. If I ever swap pipes and have to run an X-port, I'll have plenty of space for it. Plus, you're paying $12 either way so you might as well get the most out of it.
I think I'm going red loctite :D don't want to do too much mod :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts