• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires

DannyD

Just got my Xt two days ago. Haven't had it full throttle yet,Still in break in stage,3 of 5 tanks,,Everything,good Except,right rear tire ,,starting to come off rim. Does anyone know if mt tires and rims will fit on Xt?? All in All I Can't get over how Huge this Xt IS,,,TOO COOL,,,I guess now I'm A RAMPER,,Sweet,,So If you here somone Yell,,I LOVE MY CAT,,It's Just Me,,,DannyD

powerslave69

Danny's in the house!!

DannyD said:
Just got my Xt two days ago. Haven't had it full throttle yet,Still in break in stage,3 of 5 tanks,,Everything,good Except,right rear tire ,,starting to come off rim. Does anyone know if mt tires and rims will fit on Xt?? All in All I Can't get over how Huge this Xt IS,,,TOO COOL,,,I guess now I'm A RAMPER,,Sweet,,So If you here somone Yell,,I LOVE MY CAT,,It's Just Me,,,DannyD
I LOVE MY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:DHEY,Danny, glad you got your cat, you are now officially a Ramper. We met your wonderful wife, Bev. She's an awesome wife,you're so lucky. You must be a good looking dude! My name's Danny too!! I never met a guy named Danny who's not good looking!! :D just kidding. We are all beautiful in the eyes of the LORD!Anyway, I've asked that question before and they said it won't fit. They said MT's much larger than XT. Someone here just got an MT and he said it made his XT look like a Tonka toy, so if it's that much larger I can't imagine it would fit. I just bought an FG rims which is about 1.5 inches taller and about an inch wider. It's the second biggest and widest....make that the 3rd biggest and widest...my mother-in-law just walked in!! :Dhehehe It supposed to be a perfect fit for XT. just waiting for it to arrive and I'll post some pics. I might consider selling my stock XT tires. Just hang on, soon enough some of the pros here in the forum will help you out. I'm not confident giving advice since I'm somewhat a newbie myself. Glad to have you here Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:DMY FG Rims View attachment 4069 FG Rims.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/583c6060abb27_FGRims.jpg.2cc36cb2f0a59945fd61ada8ded4faa8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggerman77

Contributor
Sweet !! Welcome D!!! The XT has a Square drive where the rim goes on! LIKE The FG

and the MT has a large HEX (like Baja). I have Both XT and MT. I think Rob is going to make some adapters so the MT wheels will go on the XT ! BUT They are so heavy and the XT is built lighter im not sure it is good idea BC its gonna Break Stuff!!

Power The FG wheels look Nice cant wait to see pic with them on the XT.

and Man im so ready to get the Tires and wheels From TheNewB :)

Fabe

RampageHopUps said:
I won't be making adapters to put Monster Truck tires or rims on the XT. I think its a bad idea to add that much weight to the XT.
Not having either platform, yet, which components would be most susceptible to breakage on the XT?

powerslave69

can't wait either!!

Triggerman77 said:
Sweet !! Welcome D!!! The XT has a Square drive where the rim goes on! LIKE The FG
and the MT has a large HEX (like Baja). I have Both XT and MT. I think Rob is going to make some adapters so the MT wheels will go on the XT ! BUT They are so heavy and the XT is built lighter im not sure it is good idea BC its gonna Break Stuff!!

Power The FG wheels look Nice cant wait to see pic with them on the XT.

and Man im so ready to get the Tires and wheels From TheNewB :)
Yeah, I struck a good deal on these tires. Guy's got no more use for it. But I know I'm gonna have to mod the servo, maybe go for double servos,hitech preferrably, I weighed my stock XT wheel and they only weigh a little over 1lb and the FG is almost 2lbs. I don't mind doing the mod, I love working on this puppy just as much as I do bashing them. I'm curious, how much larger is the MT compared to the XT? One of our forum buds said when he got his MT it made his XT look like a Tonka toy. Is it really that much bigger? I've been eyeballing the MT. Just waiting for the dude who bought my 5B kit to make his 1st payment, then MT's in my horizon! :D Watched a lot of MT vids on Youtube last night, when I was done, I was ready to whip out the old plastic and charge it, but the wifey will have my butt for breakfast, so gotta chill :mad: Trigger, can you show me a pic or vid of the MT and XT side by side? Thanks, bro!!

Obeast44

Banned
Heres a pic as well:

The tires from left to right are, Hostile Mini MX Baja front, Rampage TT tire, Hostile MX Baja rear, Hostile At Baja Rear, and lastly the Rampage MT tire.

powerslave69

wow! that is Huuuuuge!!

RampageHopUps said:
Here is a good video showing the size of tires and other trucks.
Thanks Rob. now I got a better idea of how monstrous the MT is. Especially when you lined up those tires next to the MT tire. It even drwarfed the 5B! Better start sucking up on my old lady and tell her I just happened to find out Victoria's Secret's having a sale!! then she can't say no if I hit her up for a long overdue MT!! :D :Dhehe

Triggerman77

Contributor
I will post some pics tonight side by side XT MT with the body off

powerslave69

Holy Crappola!!

Triggerman77 said:
That is huuuuuuuuuuuuge!! never realized that how huge the MT is!!

Ok, that's it...MT is a must. That's what I'm talking about!

what happened to the rear fender of your XT? it looked like it melted.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImminentFailure

I can only assume the rims mount completely different on the MT vs the XT? I would really love some bead-locking tires on the XT.

This should be on the high priority list for the rampage parts team as I'm sure every XT owner would instantly purchase a set based on what I've read about XT tire troubles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts