• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The IRP Build Thread, The Fun Starts Now...

Inertia Racing Products

Hi Guys,

i received my XB last night so i thought i would share the build as it comes along.

So lets kick this bad boy off !!

20121117_132937.jpg

1st steps

Motor

______

I am yanking the motor and pipe, not even going to fire it off, and i will be selling it as a drop in unit.

The new mill will be my Gizmomotors 30.5 ground pounder with Walbro 990 carb, Shreadstack inclined stack, and probably the HPI air filter set up with outerwears.

The pipe of choice for this beast will be the DDM Sidemount, with a few mods for proper fitment.

The clutch of choice will be the liteweight shoes with the 8000 rpm spring

Polished Billet Fan Cover with DDM pullstart and outerwears.

I will also be swapping out the plastic mount with the 7075rc billet plate

Driveline Mods

7075rc c-hubs

7075rc Front bearing holders with new bearings

7075rc Rear bearing holders with new bearings

these will be here today !!

Suspension Mods

i will be making my own Custom Front and Rear Billet 6061 T6 Shock Towers

Multi position mounts.

Shocks are out the door, going to mod a set of HPI 5b fronts for all 4 corners with Phatdads 6mm shafts, Threshold Ubmbrellas, and my own internal limiters, going with Blue HD springs.

Rear Camber Links will be a set my own V2 Billet center links with 4130 Chrome Moly rod ends

Front upper Control Arm Links will be a new custom made set out of my shop with 4130 Chrome Moly rod ends.

Electronics

Servos are history

going with Rhino Digi 4 Multiplex steering with billet horn i have sitting in the parts bin, probably end up making my own mount.

T/B will be a new hitec 5645mg

Reciever will be a Futaba R603FS to match up to my 4PK

Receiver pack new DDM Black Magic

Killer Bee Kill Switch.

Well thats about it for now.

i do have plans to make up a set BRP hub adapters for this rig to run his tires and wheels, thats down the road a bit , but not too damn far !!

I'll post pics as i go .

grafildave

Inertia Racing Products said:
Hi Guys,i received my XB last night so i thought i would share the build as it comes along.

So lets kick this bad boy off !!

1st steps

Motor

______

I am yanking the motor and pipe, not even going to fire it off, and i will be selling it as a drop in unit.

The new mill will be my Gizmomotors 30.5 ground pounder with Walbro 990 carb, Shreadstack inclined stack, and probably the HPI air filter set up with outerwears.

The pipe of choice for this beast will be the DDM Sidemount, with a few mods for proper fitment.

The clutch of choice will be the liteweight shoes with the 8000 rpm spring

Polished Billet Fan Cover with DDM pullstart and outerwears.

I will also be swapping out the plastic mount with the 7075rc billet plate

Driveline Mods

7075rc c-hubs

7075rc Front bearing holders with new bearings

7075rc Rear bearing holders with new bearings

these will be here today !!

Suspension Mods

i will be making my own Custom Front and Rear Billet 6061 T6 Shock Towers

Multi position mounts.

Shocks are out the door, going to mod a set of HPI 5b fronts for all 4 corners with Phatdads 6mm shafts, Threshold Ubmbrellas, and my own internal limiters, going with Blue HD springs.

Rear Camber Links will be a set my own V2 Billet center links with 4130 Chrome Moly rod ends

Front upper Control Arm Links will be a new custom made set out of my shop with 4130 Chrome Moly rod ends.

Electronics

Servos are history

going with Rhino Digi 4 Multiplex steering with billet horn i have sitting in the parts bin, probably end up making my own mount.

T/B will be a new hitec 5645mg

Reciever will be a Futaba R603FS to match up to my 4PK

Receiver pack new DDM Black Magic

Killer Bee Kill Switch.

Well thats about it for now.

i do have plans to make up a set BRP hub adapters for this rig to run his tires and wheels, thats down the road a bit , but not too damn far !!

I'll post pics as i go .
Ok now to complete all,you need a RedCat XB-G Grafilbodies shell :D

I any case awesome build!!!

We look forward to see it finished!!!

Great job!!!!!! ;)

I also wanted to add that it was an honor for us, that Inertia Racing Product in his build of baja 5B, has used our body 5B-G Evo 2!

Thanks a lot from all the GraFilBodies company!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Inertia Racing Products

grafildave said:
Ok now to complete all,you need a RedCat XB-G Grafilbodies shell :D I any case awesome build!!!

We look forward to see it finished!!!

Great job!!!!!! ;)

I also wanted to add that it was an honor for us, that Inertia Racing Product in his build of baja 5B, has used our body 5B-G Evo 2!

Thanks a lot from all the GraFilBodies company!!!
Thanks Dave , i'm happy to have been a small part in helping out.

Filippo has always answered my questions and emails promptly.

i would love to try one of the bodies for this build, this one will take a good beating, lets see if i have any money left after i get it all done..

grafildave

Inertia Racing Products said:
Thanks Dave , i'm happy to have been a small part in helping out.Filippo has always answered my questions and emails promptly.

i would love to try one of the bodies for this build, this one will take a good beating, lets see if i have any money left after i get it all done..
Thanks a lot to you mate!!!

Can you do some nice video with the Baja Evo 2 and the RedCat?? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Inertia Racing Products

grafildave said:
Thanks a lot to you mate!!!Can you do some nice video with the Baja Evo 2 and the RedCat?? :p
Yes i can...

The Redcat is being built as a full on basher, the build is for " Bad " side of me, where i just go out to try and break something..

The particular baja i have your body on right now is strictly an on road baja...But i can swap it out and put it on the IRP test baja, that rig takes a beating...

i still take very good care of that rig, but it damn sure aint no shelf queen, just about every part on the car is aftermarket, it looks good , but it is/was built to take a beating and test parts to thier limits.

i have broken and bent chassis, shocks, control arms, destroyed bodies, blown out tires, broken wheels, completly destroyed driveline componets, including aftermarket parts.

as it sits right now it has been tortured, and knock on wood , i have not broken anything major the last few times it has been out, i think i finally have it close to the point of bullet proof...

here are a few pics of the test rig. it is just a little over 2 years old and has had the ever loving snot beat out of it.

the tires and wheels are new in these pics, i will be bashing on them in the comming months.

Inertia Racing Products

hi guys,

just an update on the build progress.

my little brother showed up at the shop so i had a little time on my hands to work on the build..

i got the front end all buttoned up. ( for now )

installed the new 7075RC c-hubs and bearing holders/steering arms. i must say i am very impressed with Doug's work.

the parts look great and fitment is spot on.

i was particularily impressed with the improvements on the c-hubs over the stock set up, the bearings were a much needed component.

the installation was a breeze with zero issues.

as you can see i also took the liberty of fitting up a set of my V2 tie rods.

these were made up special for this build during the wee hours of the night after i was supposedly finished working... they came out great and fitment is spot on with no loss of articulation .

the 1/2" tube may be a bit overkill ,but what the hell, thats what i had laying around the shop.

i will get to work on the rear suspension as soon as i can, i also picked up all new servos from the DDM Black Friday Sale Hitec 5765 and 5645, i also grabbed a few other goodies while i was there..Lol

here are a few pics of the front end

G

Those look great! I hope you plan make those for sale in the near future!

Inertia Racing Products

well dang guys, thanks for the kind words and interest.

i can make these up for retail sales.

i guess i need a little feedback from you guys on what you want.

currently everything i am making is in 1/2" diameter, i could do them in 3/8" but they look awful small when compared to the 1/2".

there isn't much cost difference in material so its up to you .

now the rod ends are wide open .

the ends in the pics are just my standard ends

i have some in a very expensive 4130 chrome moly with kevlar races ( i am phasing these out slowly )

i also have a new line of ends that are 4130 chrome moly with stainless races.

the new c/moly ends are fair priced because i committed to rediculous amount of them.

post up your thoughts and i'll throw together some prices for you

Thanks again for your interest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online