• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The IRP Build Thread, The Fun Starts Now...

G

I would be interested in any links you can produce. I love overkill, so 1/2 tube. :D

Crome moly end would be fine. Still very strong.

rampagemt

I would be also!!! I wish you could make some beefy suspension turnbuckles and steering links for the mt I know python makes titanium ones but some like that would be bad ass man!!! Think about the money!!! Lol

Inertia Racing Products

rampagemt said:
I would be also!!! I wish you could make some beefy suspension turnbuckles and steering links for the mt I know python makes titanium ones but some like that would be bad ass man!!! Think about the money!!! Lol
if i'm going to make the tie rods i might as well go all in and do the rear camber links and work on something for the fronts as well.

i did a quick measurement on my XB rear camber links and i get roughly 5 1/2" center hole to center hole of the stock links set at roughly zero camber and mounted to the inner holes of the rear hub carrier.

is this the same on all these excluding the dunerunner ?

i guess i should ask about the tie rods as well, i assume they are all the same too ?

i can knock the tie rods and the rear links out pretty quick , tie rods could be ready for sale as early as the 1st week in Dec.

rear camber links shortly there after..

as for pricing:

front tie rod set

1/2" 6061 T6

4130 c/moly ends with stainless races

set of stand off spacers

the stock tie rod bolts work fine for mounting these up.

we are somewhere in the $ 70.00 range

rear camber links

need to make sure i don't need an extra radius cut to clear shock springs on these so kinda hard to give a price there, but i can say for sure less than $ 80.00

yall let me know if you want me to proceed and i'll order material next week

krashkrieg

Contributor
Great looking parts!

As much as I'd like to say Please start producing them, Rob will most likely put the kibosh on selling them until you become an advertiser.... :(

G

The X series all share the same suspension. The MT, TT & DR share most of their suspension components but are different than the X series.

I would buy a set!

G

krashkrieg said:
Great looking parts!As much as I'd like to say Please start producing them, Rob will most likely put the kibosh on selling them until you become an advertiser.... :(
Nothing to worry about. We would love to see your banner to the left. :)

Inertia Racing Products

krashkrieg said:
Great looking parts!As much as I'd like to say Please start producing them, Rob will most likely put the kibosh on selling them until you become an advertiser.... :(
thanks for the props and your concern.

i am an advertiser on 2 of Rob's forums now, and i did discuss this with him today after the 1st few posts starting popping up in this thread showing interest in the parts.

we are working the details out for this forum and my status.

so we are all good .

Inertia Racing Products

had some time today, everybody went shopping, so i got a little work done on the build.

i installed the new Hitec servos in her, Huge difference !!

i also went ahead and fired off the motor , decided to run the stocker for a true test in the difference between the stocker and the GZ-30.5.

i got the 1st heat cycle on it. i'll get another tomorrow and then run it and see what she's got.

the new 990 carb, shreadstack, and HPI baja stock air filter assy. are sitting the bench, once i get a run or 2 on it i swap them out for the stock stuff and report back.

i want to try and keep the progress and add ons as a fair comparison as i go.

jsherratt831

don't forget the 7075rc gear boxes front and rear especially with the more powerful motor. I pushed the pinion right out the front of that plastic box with my OBR 30.5.

Inertia Racing Products

ok guys got an update for ya.

i got the motor broken in and made a few passes, lets say short lived passes with the stock carb.

i started out pig rich, well let me back up a step, 1st thing on the stock carb the idle screw setting was a little odd, mine came backed Way off but the idle was what i consider a little high, i double checked all the linkage and the servo/radio settings since i had just changed out the servos.

even then with the idle screw backed all the way off i considered the idle too high...

no worries for my testing of the carbs performance, so back to the pig rich run.

the car acted as i had anticipated once i opened it up a couple of passes the carb loaded up heavy on the low end.

brought it in minor tweak on the low needle and back to it, better but still sluggish.

back to the bench we go, minor tweak, lean out again, this time on the bench finding the too lean point and adding 1/8 of a turn back to the fat side.

hit the road with her and still sluggish and i knew i was at the end of the line as far as going too far on the lean side, but i figured what the hell go back 1/16 turn, made no difference.

now these were all on the low side adjustment, the high was close enough for my testing, no bog , decent transition into the highs with just a trail of smoke.

i ran it about 10 mins after finding the edge on the low side and i was back to loading up heavy at idle...

bottom line the stock carb is too inconsistant for my picky a$$, as i had feared it would be.

so off the stock carb came, same for the stock insulator , gaskets , and air filter assy.

on goes the new CY Insulator with Zenoah blue gasket, new 990 carb, new inclined shreadstack and zenoah gaskets along with the HPI baja air filter assy and new Outerwears.

set the needles to 1 1/16 L and 1 1/2 H, double checked linkage and servo settings, primed the beast ( 2 pumps ) and she roared to life on the 2nd pull.

a quick idle adjustment , a few quick blips of the trigger and she was a tick on the fat side .

even being a tick fat on the low needle the throttle response difference was Substantial over the stock carb.

snatched it up off the bench and hit the street, good lord it was night and day, excellent response, very snappy in the mids and i actually had a nice feel for the throttle.

i did several hard runs on it and never once did the tune change or the thing load back up at idle after heavy acceleration passes and going back to base idle.

in the end i can say this change made a huge difference, and one thing is for sure, i will be ordering new A/B gears, the car is geared way to low, acceleration is great but it can definately stand more top end, i can only imagine what will happen when i change out the pipe ...

here are a couple of pics of the new goodies on the car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts