• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tank venting

rampage idiot

The only thing I have found if you use the brass fittings like they sell for that kit , the ones RCDAD has in that picture they don't fit tight in the grommet and the easy fix for that is put about 1/2" of fuel line on the barbed fittings that will make them seal great, thats what I am running on my MT

kevinmt

heres a pic of what i did with mine.

071012202739.jpg

071012202739.jpg

/monthly_2012_10/071012202739.jpg.3b00f1b05d793cd89a0bd6a6b68f6739.jpg

G

The cap hole plugs up. Yes you can add another line through the stock grommet.

G

The tank comes vented but clogs to easy. A non-vented tank can starve the engine do to vapor lock or flood a non-running engine as the fuel expands from temperature increases.

amstel78

When drilling the cap, do you drill all the way through the rubber diaphragm underneath the cap as well? Does that diaphragm come out? I don't have the cap in front of me so I'm trying to visualize how I could thread and tighten a fuel fitting to the cap.

G

You don't have to drill the rubber. You can to make sure it breath better. If you are adding a fitting to the plastic cap, you won't have to tap it. A brass fitting will self thread into the plastic.

amstel78

Ahh ok, so no need to secure the fitting with a nut on the other side? If that's the case, that makes things easier.

nik81818

Re: tank venting

Could we use a one way valve in the cap to let air in the tank or does it need to breathe both ways?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts