• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tank venting

blak__jak

can anyone tell me how to go about venting the tank on the mt v3. I've read that it needs to be done and seem to have a problem but can't find a thread that explains this. Thanks:confused:

G

You just need to add a vent tube into the tank or to the fuel cap.

For the cap you can just pick up a threaded nipple at your local haredware store. Drill a small hole into the cap and thread in the nipple. Run a piece of fuel tube up the rollcage and down to the chassis.

For the tank you can drill a third hole in the grommet and insert the tube about 1/2 incn into the grommet. Route the tube up and down to the chassis.

Here are two of mine. I prefer to add the tube to the tank, but the cap mod is easier.

-

0c62370a.jpg

577c1d8e.jpg

blak__jak

Thanks guys but Im still missing something. If I do either of these mods is the extra fuel line just open to the air. won't that let gas leak any time it's on it's roof and the way I drive thats half the time.

Guantanamo Joe

nope... what you do is run that fuel line up the side of the roll cage, then back down to the chasis... that way it is like the 'pee trap' in plumbing... gravity will not let the fuel come out. I just did this mod 2 weeks ago to 2 of my rampages and have already flipped both more than once... I also like driving on the roof :D

G

blak__jak said:
Thanks guys but Im still missing something. If I do either of these mods is the extra fuel line just open to the air. won't that let gas leak any time it's on it's roof and the way I drive thats half the time.
If you loop it down to the chassis, you won't spill fuel. That becomes higher than the tank when you on the roof. :)

Deansta

Hey guys,

Can someone please explain why this is needed? Does the tank build a type of vacume pressure and what kind of problems does it cause not having the vent?

Thanks

G

It works both ways. If the truck is not running and there is fuel in the tank, the fuel can warm up and expand. The fuel gets pushed through the carb into the engine, causing a flooded engine.

G

Very true. That would also work for vacuum while you are running. Might get messy though. JK LOL

I try to run them empty before putting them away.

G

Yes it fits. The gromet takes some patients. It's a bit tight.

-

577c1d8e.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts