• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tank venting

G

It may still be problematic. You know what happens to a sealed gas tank when its out in the sun? It puffs out until you release the pressure.

Chief409

A vent kit like Snappy RC has works great. Available at DDM. It comes with three fuel lines, and a vent cap which fits on the vent line and a 3 hole grommet which fits in the tank, replacing the stock 2 hole grommet. Just plug the hole in the fuel fill cap. Besides, when the buggy/truck is upside down, no more fuel leaking out the vent hole in the fill cap. The vent cap in the kit has a ball which acts as a one way valve, and closes off the vent in that condition.

Motakitty

Re: tank venting

This is how I did mine similar to some one elses but it works and was less then $10

G

It's good to have something to prevent dirt from entering the tank.

vpalace

Not related to venting, but can you use an external filter that was meant for a nitro vehicle on the gassers? I read you have to have a specific gass filter, but according to the pic above, that's not the case.

Shalako

Shalako said:
How far down in the tank should the vent line go?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Any thoughts? Should the end be submerged in the fuel or just barely enter the tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

G

It should just barely be in the tank. You don't want the vent line to touch the fuel. If the vent line draws fuel, it will get sprayed all over the vehicle.

Ildy666

RCDAD said:
It should just barely be in the tank. You don't want the vent line to touch the fuel. If the vent line draws fuel, it will get sprayed all over the vehicle.
Plus it defeats the purpose of a vent because the vent tube is blocked with fuel...

Rc-Rookie

How does this work? http://www.davesmotors.com/jj596x_2 I just ordered all new hoses for MT and this along with the 3 hole grommet the end is way to big to fit into the hose I had to cut it a little to get it in the hose then it leaks gas as well. I see now hole no where on it so how is it venting the tank? Also if I want to run a filter I should put it on the vent line instead of any other line?

Mike4130

Tank venting issues...

My buddy put his Snappy tank vent kit from DDM in today and gas flows out of the vent tube check valve. The line is barely pushed into the tank and gas is still making its way up the hose. How is this possible? Has anyone else had these issues?

Mike4130

Tank venting issues...

Here is what I did with mine. Is this incorrect? Or should the check valve be facing down?I haven't run the truck yet nor can I for another month. (Its a birthday present for my son)So I'm worried it will start spitting gas like my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

so is this your buddies set up or yours? i'm confused. yours looks cgood but how far down is the vent hose in the gas tank. it should be as high as you can go w/keeping it in the grommet. also, do not fill the tank to where it hits the vent line.

G

Looks good. Just make sure the vent line does not hang in the fuel.

Chief409

Hmm, good point. I'll check mine when I replace the clunk filter and make sure it's flush at the bottom of the tank grommet. Something I haven't heard of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts