• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

swollen lipos

tha nemesis

ok ill check to see if mine does that .... i just plug it in .. hit lipo mode .. hold enter in .. then hit again and then hit the over -> plus button then it charges and i can see all 3 cell individually

bigfol

If your batt is showing all the cells voltages when you are charging your batts its a pretty safe bet you are balance charging....

Bigfol

G

are you using the x4 dad ? .. im thinking of purchasing one tax time
I use the Thunder T6, which is similar to the X4. I also use the 4010 DUO

Chief409

Ditto on MaxAmps, I've been using them in the Slash 4X4 SSC LCG truck for some time. They cost more, but really supply the power the Castle ESC and motor need. And provide plenty of run time. 20 minutes for the smaller pack when racing. I use a DuraTrax Oynx235 charger, which is balance only for LiPO and LiFe, for all the battery packs, NiCad, NiMH, LiPO without a problem. A nice feature is the battery terminal clips, lets me charge packs when out in the boonies. It's not the most expensive charger, but good enough, and helped offset the cost of the MaxAmp packs. I consider a balancing charger a requirement for LiPO and LiFe packs for every charge.

I've only bought one used rig, a T-Maxx the kid next door had for sale after he graduated, dirt cheap, after completely rebuilding it a new one would of cost less. But I know every screw, nut, gear, etc. after the rebuild. Besides, it was fun.

Chief409

tha nemesis said:
slashs are tough .. my friend has a few of them and they are dam near indestructible
I built a custom LCG Slash a couple years ago (long before the factory came out with one). It still has the original center drive shaft and front axles. And body. I save the body incase the Traxxas Truck series runs here again, so I can run in the RC stuff. Won't say it's indestructible, but the RPM suspension arms have taken MANY bad hits. Same for the T-Maxx. No damage, still using the same RPM arms after a couple years of hard running.

HINT, HINT RPM. Suspension parts for RedCat 1/5 rigs PLEASE!

tha nemesis

i personally am not into main stream brands .. my local hobby shop only carries traxxas and losi and wont even touch my duratrax warhead evo or any other brands of r/c other then the traxxas and losi .. he wont even carry a savage flux hp .. so im stuck with ebay or tower hobbies .. rpm has alot of very good parts but id say they specialize in traxxas brand products .. its very hard to find redcat mods beyond this forum .. either fab them up yourself or find a shop with a autocad setup with a 3 axis waterjet to cut or cnc them out .. i personally would like to see integy make parts for the redcat 1/5's and proline to come out with more bodies for the 1/5 vehicles

Chief409

tha nemesis said:
i personally am not into main stream brands .. my local hobby shop only carries traxxas and losi and wont even touch my duratrax warhead evo or any other brands of r/c other then the traxxas and losi .. he wont even carry a savage flux hp .. so im stuck with ebay or tower hobbies .. rpm has alot of very good parts but id say they specialize in traxxas brand products .. its very hard to find redcat mods beyond this forum .. either fab them up yourself or find a shop with a autocad setup with a 3 axis waterjet to cut or cnc them out .. i personally would like to see integy make parts for the redcat 1/5's and proline to come out with more bodies for the 1/5 vehicles
AMEN Brother! If it wasn't for the info here, and having all the Large Scale stores in my Favorites list, I'd be sunk. And I went with a Slash because AE and Losi were getting all the news. Same reason I got the Dune Runner. The 5ive was the cover of all the magazines then, but 1. I didn't like the price. 2. And most important. Everyone would have one.

I'm not everyone.

RPM is making arms for the Baja, very good reviews. I'm hoping they'll make RedCat arms. Not just the XB, Chimera, etc. MT/TT and Dune Runner, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts