• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

swollen lipos

tha nemesis

hi i ran my xbe on its factory packs and when i took them out i noticed the case was separated and the pack had swelled up a bit but returned to its normal size .. i havent got my fire proof bags so i have them in my room .. which is the coldest in the house .. are there safe to try to recharge tomorrow or are they garbage

Deluge

If they were new, I'd let them cool down and reuse them. Since they're used, I wouldn't risk it. You don't really know if this is the first time they've puffed.

What do you have your LiPo alarms set to? Your system either over discharged them, or it's drawing more power than the packs can handle.

G

You can charge them at a very slow rate and they would probably not swell. However, I would be worried about using them. It would suck to have it go up in flames in the car.

tha nemesis

my xbe is all factory .. i run 2 factory xbe 3s lipos in a series .. when i bought this off ebay.. 2 weeks ago .. 2 of the other lipos were bad .. i was given 60.00 back ... i did notice the cases were loose when i used the factory 3s lipos and they did get a lil warm but never like this .. i have ran these packs a few times and new to using a lipo .. i use a hitech x1 ac plus charger with balance board chip

tha nemesis

well im praying i can revive these zippy 5000 3s lipos ... i got 1 pack to 7.5 volts using nimah on 0.04 volts .. took me a day and i had to give up .. but its holding a charge

G

Deluge said:
When I buy a used vehicle I always assume it's been treated like crap.
Agreed!

After purchasing a used vehicle I might start it, but I always do a full tear down and build it up the way I like. Never consider someone else's car RTR unless you know them.

G

No, IMO the turnigy nano techs are the best bang for the buck. I have a couple pairs of 2s zippys and they have help up fine. I balance them every charge though.

tha nemesis

by balance you mean using the balance board when you charge them ? .. i monitor all 3 cells when i had the lipos charging letting them all get to 4.20 volts each cell .. i did notice one cell per pack getting to 4.21 then droping to 4.20 but thats with the stock 3s 3500 lipos from redcat ... being charged on a hi tech x1 ac plus charger .. i did get my lipo charging fireproof bags today and cant wait to get some nano's or even them zippys you were talking about

G

By balance charge, I mean having the charger set to balance charge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts