• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark plug tuning 8-9-12

ChuenouXiao

ChuenouXiao said:
I also extended my vent further back behind the wing and Jetpro so that it won't splatter gas onto my car. Messy to clean up too... its not like the differential housing is easy to clean too.. :(
The only reason I have this long vent is because of my three hole gromet :D If it wasn't for that I would probably drill a hole on the gas cap instead or buy a gas cap with a nice stylish vent on it. For now, this will do for now :D until I need to replace and upgrade :D

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Very sexy! Im a fan of the aluminum servo mounts!
I saw your steering post so I bought it, I have to use dremel on the hole that I was using though :( Just glad it worked out good and I drilled it right the first time :D Dam... the post was hot when I was done drilling that hole :D LOL

G

ChuenouXiao said:
The only reason I have this long vent is because of my three hole gromet :D If it wasn't for that I would probably drill a hole on the gas cap instead or buy a gas cap with a nice stylish vent on it. For now, this will do for now :D until I need to replace and upgrade :D
I run mine all the way to the bottom of the chassis so it can't get fuel on anything.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I run mine all the way to the bottom of the chassis so it can't get fuel on anything.
Got a pic?

I thought about that, but for me I notice there is still chances that the gas may leak and rub on my tires or my dog bone and so on. So I dragged it all the way to the back :D I also don't want it to spit gas on the bottom of my chassis too (where all the dust from the road can collect.... :D show me a shot of your vent....

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Here is my latest upgrade.... check it out.... aluminum steering servo mount and the 5755 mg steering post. I did this just to eliminate possible flex for my inconsistent steering... Next upgrade may be replacing my current steering servo with a new but, same steering servo to help troubleshoot.
Looks good!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I also extended my vent further back behind the wing and Jetpro so that it won't splatter gas onto my car. Messy to clean up too... its not like the differential housing is easy to clean too.. :(
Weird. Mine doesn't spit fuel. I have the same vent valve.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Yea, its a must because its aluminum, fits the 5755 MG with no mod (no drilling require while the stock does require drilling) and give the car a more serious look. I'm all about serious look and serious performance :D It's a more professional piece to install :D instead of drilling here and there.... clean cut is what I mean :D
Does look a lot cleaner!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
How far in is the vent line? If it's in too deep, it'll spit fuel.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Got a pic?I thought about that, but for me I notice there is still chances that the gas may leak and rub on my tires or my dog bone and so on. So I dragged it all the way to the back :D I also don't want it to spit gas on the bottom of my chassis too (where all the dust from the road can collect.... :D show me a shot of your vent....
Lol. You'll still get gas on it. Just part of the game.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
How far in is the vent line? If it's in too deep, it'll spit fuel.
It's pretty high up Deluge.... but you know... when the car moves... the fuel goes back and forth. Its gotten to where it spits all over my rear differential housing and exhaust.... I have to clean it.... So I install a longer line and pull it all the way to the rear :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts