• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark plug tuning 8-9-12

G

Exactly..

If you can do it yourself and you have the time, than why the hell not. DYI projects are the most rewarding.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Isn't that what is supposed to do, clog? :) If it didn't you have a messed up carb. :rolleyes:
Yea... with the stock filter in the tank and with this filter here, I think the one in the tank will clog up first huh ? :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Yea... with the stock filter in the tank and with this filter here, I think the one in the tank will clog up first huh ? :D
Yeah, the second filter might not ever need cleaning.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Oh... so if I remove that screw next to the primer I can take out some kind of filter huh?
It's actually under the bottom cover. The cover that the idle screw threads into. It's a screen that's pressed into the carb body.

G

Just stay away from the solvents.

Gas, carb cleaner, break cleaner, WD40 would be ok.

Lacquer thinners, arcrylic thinners, acetone would be not so good.

ChuenouXiao

Here is my latest upgrade.... check it out.... aluminum steering servo mount and the 5755 mg steering post. I did this just to eliminate possible flex for my inconsistent steering... Next upgrade may be replacing my current steering servo with a new but, same steering servo to help troubleshoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

I also extended my vent further back behind the wing and Jetpro so that it won't splatter gas onto my car. Messy to clean up too... its not like the differential housing is easy to clean too.. :(

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Here is my latest upgrade.... check it out.... aluminum steering servo mount and the 5755 mg steering post. I did this just to eliminate possible flex for my inconsistent steering... Next upgrade may be replacing my current steering servo with a new but same steering servo to troubleshoot.
Very sexy! Im a fan of the aluminum servo mounts!

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I also extended my vent further back behind the wing and Jetpro so that it won't splatter gas onto my car. Messy to clean up too... its not like the differential housing is easy to clean too.. :(
That should help a lot.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Very sexy! Im a fan of the aluminum servo mounts!
Yea, its a must because its aluminum, fits the 5755 MG with no mod (no drilling require while the stock does require drilling) and give the car a more serious look. I'm all about serious look and serious performance :D It's a more professional piece to install :D instead of drilling here and there.... clean cut is what I mean :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts