• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark plug tuning 8-9-12

ChuenouXiao

Here's a shot of my plug after trying to tune and listen to my engine during highspeed run. When I'm done for the day... I took it out and check it out. It looks a bit lean? I believe its should have a chocolatey color. In here... it looks a bit lean due to the slight grey color.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge, you were saying that reading plug is the best option. I couldn't agree more but my question is... by reading the plug, does it matter if its 30 min after the high speed run or should I read the plug straight out when the engine is super hot?

ChuenouXiao

If I tune the engine right next time, will the color above change? Or is it silver like that from now on?

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Here's a shot of my plug after trying to tune and listen to my engine during highspeed run. When I'm done for the day... I took it out and check it out. It looks a bit lean? I believe its should have a chocolatey color. In here... it looks a bit lean due to the slight grey color.
That actually looks pretty good. It would be a lot lighter than that if it was lean. How's it running?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
That actually looks pretty good. It would be a lot lighter than that if it was lean. How's it running?
It runs good... just that I haven't get the HSN tuned in yet (because of this, it seems my engine is not running at its full potential). That plug is base off of me trying to get the sweet spot on HSN. Deluge, its not a brown chocolatey color on the rubber piece that's holding the pin there on the plug... it seems a bit lean to me :D You sure its alright?

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge, you were saying that reading plug is the best option. I couldn't agree more but my question is... by reading the plug, does it matter if its 30 min after the high speed run or should I read the plug straight out when the engine is super hot?
Usually I check it immediately. I've let it sit for about 10 mins, though. The results were the same.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
It runs good... just that I haven't get the HSN tuned in yet (because of this, it seems my engine is not running at its full potential). That plug is base off of me trying to get the sweet spot on HSN. Deluge, its not a brown chocolatey color on the rubber piece that's holding the pin there on the plug... it seems a bit lean to me :D You sure its alright?
It's fine, dude. Like I said, if it was lean it would look a lot lighter.

For reference, check out this page. The "perfect color" is lighter than what you have.

Popular spark plug patterns for two-stroke engines

If you want to make sure, richen it a 16th and check what the plug looks like there.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge..... today a guy drove his bike in front of me and to my side to talk to me. Because of that... I drove my XB straight to a curb :( It was a head on collision. Because of my front bumper... it helped point the car upward and so the car climb over the curb. It was about 7mph and my car hoped over the curb like a monster truck. I was pissed... lucky everything seems fine.... nothing seems to be broken... LOL!... I guess that bumper I have installed help a lot? :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Sounds like it! Lol.
The curb was 6 inches tall i think!!! Really... with out the bumper to direct the car upward like the wing of a airplane(you know where the bottom chassis just rides on the curb as the car goes over :D ) ; my car would be crushed and my front hubs will bend along with the axle :( I did a great job on using that as a cushion LOL!

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
At 7 mph? Nah, I doubt it. There's enough flex there to handle that. Now, if it was a full speed collision, I'd say bent chassis.
Yea I guess :D It was a estimation :D Again... they are plastic so I was expecting the worst :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge..... today a guy drove his bike in front of me and to my side to talk to me. Because of that... I drove my XB straight to a curb :( It was a head on collision. Because of my front bumper... it helped point the car upward and so the car climb over the curb. It was about 7mph and my car hoped over the curb like a monster truck. I was pissed... lucky everything seems fine.... nothing seems to be broken... LOL!... I guess that bumper I have installed help a lot? :D
You got lucky. desismileys_6500.gif

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I think that looks OK.

G

Don't feel to bad I've learned the hard way not do drive with my youngest around. Just the blink of an eye and next thing ya know I've wrecked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts