• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

servo question for mt v3

Melski415

one of my stock servos burnt up. now, is it ok to run with just one servo? just until i get a new servo. with that being said, if i upgrade i have to buy 2 servos, correct?

G

Melski415 said:
one of my stock servos burnt up. now, is it ok to run with just one servo? just until i get a new servo. with that being said, if i upgrade i have to buy 2 servos, correct?
The stock servos will not last if you run on just one. That was the reason Redcat went with the dual servo setup. With a good aftermarket servo you can run one with no problems. Some prefer a single servo because it is easier to get set right.

Melski415

I cant just remove the one servo arm and run a good servo like a hitec 5765 or 805bb? I'm looking for something with more of a direct fit for dual.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Yes you can. A single 5765 on 7.4v would out perform the two stockers.

Melski415

Will the 5765 be a direct bolt on? im just looking for a good servo with little to no mods to fit.

G

Almost. It is a tiny bit smaller and two of the holes don't line up. The aluminum servo mount has holes that make it a direct fit but the plastic servo mount that comes stock in the truck does not have the extra set of holes. Most people just drill a new set in the plastic mount. There is no aftermarket servo that is the exact same size of the Redcat servo.

Melski415

thanx rcdad for the response. i just don't want to have to buy a new mount. If I can get away with just drilling a new hole or some dremmelling, I don't mind that. I see some people here with 805bb dual servos, but no write up threads. How are the moddings on that? I really don't care if i have a single or dual setup. I can get 2 805bb for cheap. So, if dual setup is easy on that, I will do that. Or I can just purchase 1 good servo with slight modding(dremmel/drill). If that route, Which 1 servo is best for that. Thanx in advance

G

The 805 is slightly larger than the stock and will require new holes as well, plus a little dremmel work to the insides of the mount as it is a tight fit.

Melski415

Yeah, I saw that thread. Can the 5765 handle a single setup? Sorry for all the questions. My servo died out and Im ready to rip lol.

G

It is a better servo than the 805. If I remember correctly the 805 has plastic gears. I don't think it fits under the MTs battery box either. You don't need anything special to run a single servo you can just leave the one under the battery box out and remove the servo linkage.

G

It is the 5755 have been discontinued, so they're harder to find. The 5765 is the high voltage version. They are the same size. The 5765 is more money but it rocks on 7.4 volts. It's what I run in most of my platforms.

G

Your good to go then. They use the same case.

-

G

No prob man.

Since your only using one servo you can get the larger battery box. It will bolt right in. Then you can run a lipo receiver pack. Your servos will really come to life. Future project maybe?...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts