• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage xsc exhaust help needed

G

Trip.. said:
I know, but won't the TT pipe fit the x series? I'm almost sold on the JP, but that little stinger sticking out the bottom looks like an accident waiting to happen.
I don't think it would be a direct bolt on. With the side guards on the XB the width is different than the TT chassis. The mounting points to the chassis are also different. But with some modding it might work.

rev9fan1

RCDAD said:
Correct. Just two different pipes. End bleeds promote top end and mid bleeds promote low to mid range.
what is the bleed your talking about it that where the exhaust comes out?

G

Yes that just refers to where the exhaust exits the expansion chamber. The tip is also referred to as a stinger.

rev9fan1

ok so probably if im not on the track that often and i go to construction sites and do alot of jumping and high speed runs i just want mid range?

edit: so what about the stock xsc can what is that giving me?

G

Factory pipes give almost no improvement.

Yes low to mid range improvement is what most people strive for.

G

The CPI is a mid bleed. The stinger is pointing down out of the side of the expansion chamber. It is a good all around pipe with strong mid range.

Deluge

rev9fan1 said:
ok so probably if im not on the track that often and i go to construction sites and do alot of jumping and high speed runs i just want mid range?edit: so what about the stock xsc can what is that giving me?
A center bleed would be your best bet. It'll give you a bit more torque, so you can run taller gears. As far as the stock can, it's junk. Go with the Jetpro.

Trip..

RCDAD said:
I've never read of any issues with the lower stinger.
Good to know, thanks.

I'm running on limited funds so I need to decide on servos or a Jetpro. I already have servos, but there in my other car, but that car is dead, maybe I should rob the servos... lol I bet you can hear the creaky gears turning in my head can't you.

G

Hey, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Deluge

Trip.. said:
Good to know, thanks.I'm running on limited funds so I need to decide on servos or a Jetpro. I already have servos, but there in my other car, but that car is dead, maybe I should rob the servos... lol I bet you can hear the creaky gears turning in my head can't you.
R/C cannibalism. I'm guilty of this, as well.

G

All the time! I get inpatient waiting for parts. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online